Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

stains!!!

my husband is notorious for getting stains on all of his clothes. especially white shirts. i need some advice/recommendations for what to use to get the stains out. i've been using shout, but it's been only working about half the time.

Re: stains!!!

• I use Shout also.  If they are greasy stains, use Dawn or another grease fighting dishwashing liquid.  For white shirts, you might want to try OxyClean or bleaching them.  Also, I don't put stained articles in the dryer until I'm positive the stain is gone because it sets the stain. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like Tide's new spray.  I thought it worked better than shout or oxyclean.
    DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
  • I've worked in restaurants for years so I've seen some set in greasy stains. Two things have worked: soaking in hot water with dish soap and oxyclean or using "shout advanced" spray. Its been the best, including getting out stains that I didn't realize were grease spots until one wash and dry didn't take them away....

At one particular restaurant, we wore plain white dress shirts and these got nasty! Best solution I had for stains on these (marinara, grease, cheese, who knows!) was to soak in hot water with bleach and oxyclean (yes they are safe to mix) and then wash as normal.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers