Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

perfume smell

Does anyone know how to get a very strong perfume smell out of clothes? A family friend held our infant son and now no matter how much I wash his clothes I can't get the smell out. And while I'm at it, how to ask her never to wear perfume around an infant again j/k on the last part :-)

Re: perfume smell

• Oxy clean always works for me.
    Culinary Cache
  • Maybe try soaking the clothes in white vinegar and water, or baking soda dissolved in water.

My mother was guilty of wearing this godawful perfume constantly. Every time she would pick my son up, he would scream bloody murder, and stiffen up.He is still very sensitive to perfume-it gives him a headache and nausea. I would straight up tell the person that the doctor advises that your child not be exposed to perfume, as it might set up an allergy later.

My own thoughts-I wish people would stop drowning themselves in perfume. 

• image Prulove:

I wish people would quit drowning themselves in perfume. 

Ditto.  They just don't get it.  Maybe they can't smell themselves.

• Believe me, nothing works like airing does. Just leave his clothes out in the sun for a few hours and see the difference.
  • I have high sensitivity to scents as well. I buy a lot of fabrics to re-purpose at thrift stores, and they often smell like perfume or strong detergent. One or two washes with a good enzyme based detergent with about 1/8 - 1/4 cup of vinegar inthe rinse dispenser gets it all out for me. Good luck!
    Bernadette~Cooper "Green is about the best quality of life" http://safegreenclean.net