Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Didn't get all of our tax refund....

Our CPA filed our taxes a couple weeks ago. Friday we got the direct deposit of our refund. It was only about 1/4 of what we were supposed to get for Federal. Has anyone had this happen? I did taxes for 2 years and never saw where people would get only a partial refund of what their taxes said. I was going to wait until this Friday and see if another deposit comes if not I'm calling our CPA to see whats up.

Re: Didn't get all of our tax refund....

• You know, I heard that some people were getting their refund back on a debit card kinda thing, instead of a check.

That shitt will piss me off.

How are you supposed to deposit your 'debit card' into your bank account?

• From the IRS? That would make me mad too since we don't plan on just blowing it all.
  • Yeah but I think you have to request that debit card thing, they wouldnt automatically do it.

For the original question, that is really strange.  I'd call the CPA like, now. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thats if you don't have a bank account. I guess that is for people who don't get Direct Deposit.
  • image tiff-n-nick:

You know, I heard that some people were getting their refund back on a debit card kinda thing, instead of a check.

That shitt will piss me off.

How are you supposed to deposit your 'debit card' into your bank account?

Whaaaa????  No way.  I will raise.hell. if this happens to us.  How do you know who is and isn't getting this debit card thing?  What do you do if you get it and that's not okay with you?? 

ETA:  Oh, and now I see the other responses.  :) 

[IMG]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/4/465918.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/7/736733.png[/IMG]
  • they say its for people who dont have a bank account.

But then again, it is the government, and I wouldnt put it past them to fvck it up.

• I'd call the CPA and find out, othewise I bet you get a letter in the mail from the IRS explaining by the end of the week why, especially if it was an error on your/the CPA's part..

This happened to us once and it was because DH wrote down one of the kids SS #'s wrong on the return, so they shorted us the amt for the child credit, and sent a letter explaining..plus it was a year when you got an additional amt per child for the stimulus thing, so we did not get that either.  We were able to fix the SS # and then got the money back the next week, but they would not give us the stimulus part back...said that was based on the original filing, regardless of whether or not we made a mistake, and was not 'reviewable', or something like that...