October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

To the moms...

My BFF and my Brother/SIL are having babies in March.  I was trying to think of something special for the delivery room.  If you can think of anything that you would have liked, would have made things easier/more pleasant, etc... please share!  Smile

Re: To the moms...

• I had a scheduled c-section so I didn't actually go into labor but I will say I was so thirsty once I got out.  All I wanted was ice cold water and a lot of it.  I had to go easy on the fluids once out of surgery but cold water was the only thing that sounded good.  That and jello.  If you visit her after the baby is born, see if there is any food you can bring her because hospital food sucks!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image nicoleabrock:
    I had a scheduled c-section so I didn't actually go into labor but I will say I was so thirsty once I got out.  All I wanted was ice cold water and a lot of it.  I had to go easy on the fluids once out of surgery but cold water was the only thing that sounded good.  That and jello.  If you visit her after the baby is born, see if there is any food you can bring her because hospital food sucks!

Good one.  More than likely I won't be waiting in the waiting room but will drive up as soon as I hear there's a baby here so I will definitely ask before I head up.

• lol - when I was born (after an induction, 24 hours of labor, a foreceps delivery, and a broken tailbone), my grandparents brought pizza with them.  My mom said she's never been so happy to see them in her life!  Big Smile
  • image wittyschaffy:
    lol - when I was born (after an induction, 24 hours of labor, a foreceps delivery, and a broken tailbone), my grandparents brought pizza with them.  My mom said she's never been so happy to see them in her life!  Big Smile

That's a rough birth!  Your mom broke her tailbone or they broke yours?  

Pizza will be a good idea for BFF because she has a big family (6 siblings plus a couple spouses) and I know they'll all drop everything and go to the hospital as soon as she and her hubby are heading over there so even if she's not in the mood for pizza, everyone else will probably be ready for a snack.

• I second bring food to them after they have the baby. Hostipal food stinks. Everytime someone came to visit they would always see if we wanted anything to eat. It was great.
    Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image Milliechel67:

image wittyschaffy:
    lol - when I was born (after an induction, 24 hours of labor, a foreceps delivery, and a broken tailbone), my grandparents brought pizza with them.  My mom said she's never been so happy to see them in her life!  Big Smile

That's a rough birth!  Your mom broke her tailbone or they broke yours?  

Pizza will be a good idea for BFF because she has a big family (6 siblings plus a couple spouses) and I know they'll all drop everything and go to the hospital as soon as she and her hubby are heading over there so even if she's not in the mood for pizza, everyone else will probably be ready for a snack.

My Mom's.  She apparently broke it at some point in her life and it healed turned in rather than out like it naurally is.  I literally got stuck on it (hence the foreceps) and broke it with my head on the way out.  Poor lady!!  Not only did she have the normal after birth pain but she had a donut for a while because of her tailbone too!  Must've been worth it - she had two more kids after me.  :-P

• I just saw this. Definitely food. And definitely call - my water broke unexpectedly so DH and I were running around the house trying to get the things we needed since my bag wasn't packed yet. I forgot deodorant! Thank goodness for my SIL who came to the rescue...especially since I had a c-section and was there for nearly 5 days.