June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happy Almost Friday!

Hey Gals! How is everyone doing?? What is everyone up to?? I hate that I am awful at keeping up with everyone here. :(

So talk to me... what's new?! :) 

Mr. & Mrs. O: Est. 6/27/2009, Jacob Ryan 3/3/2010, Owen Matthew 8/14/2012!
:::In My Life, I've Loved You More:::
CHARTS

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Happy Almost Friday!

• Hey there!! I'm haven't been checking in as much either these days. I mainly check TN at night, since I figure I already have enough distractions at work.

Not too much is new with me in the grand scheme of things. Work has been hectic but I love it there! I'm so glad to be at a job where I am treated like a professional designer instead of a intern/secretary. Aside from that, I've been laying low. Winter is seriously getting me down this year. I thought Punxatawney Phil said spring was coming early ? that groundhog is a liar!!!!

Happy Friday!!! Any plans for the weekend??

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13
  • I'm glad that you're loving work so much! That's fantastic!! 

Winter has been extremely mild for us... and then suddenly we got this storm and they're calling for the possibility of snow at sea level tonight which is extremely unusual. We're talking snow here once every ten plus years. We'll see!! Either way, we're getting some more rain, which is always good since the fires around here during summer are AWFUL if we don't get enough rain.

This weekend is J's first birthday party. I can't believe it. :( lol. Other than that, just hanging out. :) What about you?? 

CHARTS

• I refuse to believe Jake will be one. How has that much time passed?! 

My latest news is down below in the "job update" post. Looking forward to a celebratory weekend with the hubs.

Oh, and I get to meet my baby nephew next weekend!!  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Hi! I cannot believe Jake is 1 already - that is crazy! DH & I are both pretty much miserable in our jobs and the opposite shift is starting to wear on us. So... we are looking at moving closer to my family within the next few months. A lot is still up in the air but that is the direction we are leaning. Amelia is growing quickly. She is doing an army crawl and now has 2 teeth!
  • Jake turning one reminds me of the Sex & The City episode where Miranda is planning Brady's first birthday party and Carrie says, "Wow. Brady is one year old. And yet, I haven't aged at all..." hahaha. Amazing how time flies!!! Do you have a big party planned? What's the theme? Did you do a "smash cake"? We'll get to see pictures, right?

My big recent news is kinda lame -- I didn't get into the Creative Writing programs I applied to, so it's back to the job application marathon for me! In sorta exciting news, DH and I started to more seriously look into buying a house. We've found a new build community in a neighborhood we really like, so we're working right now to lay the groundwork to hopefully be on contract by summer and moved in by fall. I would so love for Christmas 2011 to be in our own home!

Photobucket
  • image S2BMrsO:

I'm glad that you're loving work so much! That's fantastic!! 

Winter has been extremely mild for us... and then suddenly we got this storm and they're calling for the possibility of snow at sea level tonight which is extremely unusual. We're talking snow here once every ten plus years. We'll see!! Either way, we're getting some more rain, which is always good since the fires around here during summer are AWFUL if we don't get enough rain.

This weekend is J's first birthday party. I can't believe it. :( lol. Other than that, just hanging out. :) What about you?? 

OMG, I can't believe Jake is turning 1! Are you having a party for him??

My weekend is starting on a good note: This big snow storm basically shut down campus so I got to go home a few hours early:)  The only downside is that I have TONS of shoveling to do (it is almost a foot deep in  some areas) so I can even get my car into the driveway. 

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13
  • I can't believe Jake is one! Time sure is flying by.

Nothing much new here. Winter has had me down, too. We never get as much snow as we have this year, and I hate dealing with it. I am in my last semester of undergrad and just started thinking about continuing my schooling. It would be really good for my job at the bank. I already have quite a bit of student loans, so I figure whats a little more. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • It sounds like most of you are doing well and are happy! :) I'm glad to hear it!!

Yes... I can't believe he is one, either. :( His actual birthday is Thursday, but we are doing his party TODAY! I did make his special little smash cake... it's a monkey and I did it all by myself lol. I'm proud of it. I will post pictures tomorrow or sometime this coming week :).

He is getting so big... we did his first haircut last week, he cut two more teeth this morning (six total!) and he is getting ready to walk. He takes steps when we coax him to do it, but he hasn't really gotten up and walked on his own yet. It'll be any day.

Ryan and I are leaving for a cruise next weekend, and we will be leaving Jake for the first time... for a week. :( I know he'll be fine as he is going to be with my in laws (who he is with every day when we're working). But it's going to be me thinking that he's going to be mad at us, or forget us, or feel abandoned or something. I'll be the sad one who misses him like CRAZY the whole time. But... it will be good for us. It has to happen at some point. 

CHARTS