Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Has anyone ever used a pro organizer?

I would like to be able to clean out our 3rd bedroom to make room for a baby, but i have no idea where I can find space to put those items.  How much does an organizer cost per hour?

Re: Has anyone ever used a pro organizer?

• I used to have a professional organizing service in Indianapolis and then had to move to Lexington due to my mother's declining health situation.  That was around 2001.  I used to charge $25.00 per hour.  Depending on how much stuff you have to go through, it seemed like most jobs took about three hours to do, but it depends on how much space you give to your organizer.  I was able to get stuff done while the homeowner was out of the house.  If you need help deciding what to keep and what to get rid of (more of a coach), it might take longer.
  • The average professional organizer in the US right now charges $55-$75 an hour, BUT, as the PP above mentions, she used to charge $25, and I've been doing Professional Organizing and Time Management Consultation for the last 6 months and am only charging $20 an hour while I'm starting out (also, I live in NC where I assume the cost of living is lower than where you are in NY), so it's possible to find it for cheaper. You can find POs in your area by visiting the National Association of Professional Organizers website (http://www.napo.net/) and contact individual organizers for their fees and info. Good luck w/ the organizing! :)