Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Who has this steam mop?

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=312904&CategoryID=39105#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D30

And... what are your reactions to it?  The reviews are very split-- either people absolutely love it or hate it. How do you like it? Is this a good deal for one?

TIA!

Re: Who has this steam mop?

• I absolutely love mine...and yes, this does seem like a good deal!

TTC # 1
    Me: Hashimotos Disease, Elavated Prolactin, Uterine Polyps DH: SA good
    12/11: HSG polyps found; 1/12: 1st apt with RE; 1/12: SHG: polyps confirmed, 2/12: diagnosed with Hashimotos, prescribed synthroid; Elevated prolactin, MRI clear, prescribed Dostinex; 2/12: hysteroscopy & D&C
    3/2012 unmedicated cycle= BFN
    4/2012 trigger + iui + endometrin=BFN
    5/2012 Ovaries look "PCO-Like". Finally able to trigger on CD28. Trigger + TI + Endometrin = BFN
    6/2012 Follistim + Trigger + iui = BFN
    7/2012 Follistim + Trigger + iui = BFN
    Unmedicated cycles 8/2012 & 9/2012=BFN
    10/2012 IVF#1 = BFP 9dp3dt Beta=20, 14dp3dt Beta=9 C/P
    IVF#2 Estrogen Priming Protocol beginning 1/14/2013
    Beta 7dp5dt 117, Beta 9dp5dt 223, Beta 12dp5dt 583
    1st Ultrasound 2/28 showed two yolk sacs! Next ultrasound 3/7
  • I do.  I got it on sale after Thanksgiving last year.  It serves the purpose well for the cost and I think it does a great job on my vinyl and laminate floors. The washable pads always wash up really well and look like new each time.  Go for it! :-)

• My mom had one and it lasted a year before it started having issues.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It leaves my hardwood and Pergo kitchen floors dingy and dull, there's some sort of filmy build up. I even changed out the pad three times while cleaning my TINY kitchen.

It works well on our bathroom tile though.

image Oops, I got into Dad's hair goop. At least I gotta mohawk! My Blog Updated: March 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's the one I have.

I bought it at least 4 years ago and it still works great. 

• I had that model for about a year then it just abruptly stopped working right.  I loved it though so I replaced it with the pocket mop version because I liked that you could use both sides of the mop pad for cleaning surfaces.  I love how well it works on both my tile and the hw in our powder room and stair landings.
  • I have the Shark steam "pocket" mop, it's one step up from the model you listed here. It also comes with a rectangle and triangle head, regular pads, and a purple fluffy pad for dusting, and lots more. I even got the handheld Shark steam cleaner for the kitchen/bath. The pads are like pockets so it has twice the cleaning surface. I love my Shark!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary