June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AW/PIP: Meet Aubrey

Aubrey Reagan was born on 2/13 at 9:29 pm -- just in time for valentine's day!  

Labor went smoothly -- we went to the hospital at about 1 pm after I had been having contractions for an hour or 2 that morning and lots the day before.  I was 5 cm dilated so they said I was staying and called my doctor to come break my water and get things going.  They started me on pitocin and things were easy until about 4 pm when the doctor got there to break my water.  Almost immediately I went from relaxed and watching a movie to crying for the epidural but after about 45 minutes, I got the epi and was ok again.  I went from 5 cm to just shy of 10 in the next hour and then had to wait another hour or so to start pushing so the doctor could get back.  Pushed for about an hour and 15 minutes and Aubrey was born. 

She was 8 lbs, 2.9 oz and 20.5" long.  A shock to everyone because the doctors were estimating she was about 6.5 lbs.  We've been doing great at home -- she's breastfeeding like a champ and starting to regain some weight and get rid of a bit of jaundice.  We got some newborn pictures taken on Friday afternoon - DH's cousin is a child photographer so she did a bunch for us.  Aubrey ran out of patience after an hour and a half or so, so next week we are going to go take a few more as we did more artsy type pictures this past time so she could try out some new props and poses and stuff. 

For those of you who have already seen these on FB - sorry for the repeats... 

Re: AW/PIP: Meet Aubrey