Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I am reclaiming this territory and calling it

Advice from Groomz.

I'm not digging Relationships.  I can only handle one or two new people at a time.  And even with that, it takes me a year to figure out which one is Christin and which one is Happy Tummy, and I found them both to be funny.  I cannot handle all of these strangers posting constantly.  I'm sure they're very nice people and I'm sure they are a lot of fun, but I'm completely lost.

::does a softshoe with Christin::

3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali

Re: I am reclaiming this territory and calling it

• I'm not paying a lot of attention to the people I don't know. But I know you.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • So our board was too slow, but mixing with new people makes the fragile Caribbean Nesties uncomfortable? I don't get you people.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Too many people need advice over there.
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • This board is too slow.  That board had too many strangers.  You all smell like poo.  Except for Groomz.  Let's dance darling.
  • Bah!  Haven't you people lurked in all your years on the knot/nest?  WW was always a great board, and they are good, funny peeps.  I'll figure out the RE'ers in time, but I'm loving the WW merger.

Anyway, what's most upsetting about this is that when I didn't see Groomz, I thought he had a baby.  Boo for false positives.  This is as bad as f'ing Mubarak playing the whole f'ing world for rubes today.

• In case you refuse to return to RE ever again, I just got back from Vegas earlier and commented in your nursery thread. I love your knobs. And your AWing of my gifts makes me feel appreciated, so that's real nice too.

I don't mind the action on RE as far as interesting reading and fresh blood, but I'm far more interested in hearing about what's going on with the people I already know. So I'd still kick it over here if other people wanted to. 

• When we moved over, and it was just us and lurkers and the occasional relationship question, it was enough to keep the board moving without it being overwhelming.  I never lurked on WW, and I'm sure they're awesome, and I'm sure I'll get used to them in time.  I was not a fan of the AFB/NEY merge for the same reason, and I was happy in the end.  I'm sure it will be the same thing there, I'm just experiencing growing pains.

Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • image GroomzMcFinehiney:

When we moved over, and it was just us and lurkers and the occasional relationship question, it was enough to keep the board moving without it being overwhelming.  I never lurked on WW, and I'm sure they're awesome, and I'm sure I'll get used to them in time.

This has been my thought. It was just a lot to take in at one time. They are no doubt great people that I will love, but my love don't come easy or cheap.

• Don't fear change, Groomz.  Just do what you always do -- look for threads started by me or commented on by me and ignore everything else. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image GroomzMcFinehiney:

When we moved over, and it was just us and lurkers and the occasional relationship question, it was enough to keep the board moving without it being overwhelming.  I never lurked on WW, and I'm sure they're awesome, and I'm sure I'll get used to them in time.  I was not a fan of the AFB/NEY merge for the same reason, and I was happy in the end.  I'm sure it will be the same thing there, I'm just experiencing growing pains.

Come on, Groomz.  Show me that smile again.  Don't waste another minute on your cryin'.  We're nowhere near the end.  The best is ready to begin.

• Yeah Groomz. I'm with HT. As long as we've got each other, we've got the world spinning right in our hands. Groomzy, you and me, we gotta be the luckiest dreamers that never quit dreaming! And you know, as long as we keep on giving (advice), we can take anything that comes our way. Groomzy, rain or shine, all the time, we got each other. Sharing the laughter. And love. 

• Okay, fine, but the second one of you tries to get the nanny fired for posing in Playboy or starts making movies about the rapture, I'm outtie.