Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

confessions

My sister-in-law's life is like a soap opera.  I sort of stalk her fb page to see what's happening next in the saga.  (she's 18)

I don't mind being a stay-at-home mom, which shocks the hell out of me, since I've always had at least one job since I was 15, had 3 for quite a while there.

I want to have another baby, but doubt it will happen, since E was quite a surprise, to say the least.

Can't post anymore because the babe woke up crying.

Re: confessions

• I can't stop photographing Ruby.  I should take the opportunity when she's in a deep sleep to fold the mountain of clothes in my laundry room, unload the dishwasher or pick up the house, but instead I keep having little mini sessions with her.  I figure in a couple days, she'll be too alert for the photo opps, so I should take advantage now.  Laundry can wait, right?

My H has a cold and he's driving me nuts.  I feel like I have four kids.

I often feel like the parent when it comes to my own parents.  I'd like to shake some sense into them. 

• I am a dork.  I gave my dog a bath yesterday, then dried her with a blow dryer, then sprayed some VS Pink body spray on her.  When my family came over they were all like "Nellie smells so good!"..I didn't tell them I gave her the spa treatment, as they would tell me to get a life.

I went to the Nebraska Walk for Life on Saturday with my parents, partly because I wanted too, but more because it was an excuse to get out of my house with my stepson staying for the weekend.

DH keeps inviting his family to come stay with us, then doesn't want to help clean the house in preparation.  I'm just done with it, and after I use the house cleaning groupon, I'm going to start having someone come regularly.

• I really think I found something I love doing with my spare (ha!) time now that I am working with the diaper store.

My baby is obsessed with sitting on the potty (and not going)....and taking her clothes off...and it makes me sad because she soooo isn't a baby anymore.

My phone crashed the other day, deleted all of my contacts and I am partly relieved to have lost a bunch of the numbers--I needed to declutter my life anyway...now, if I could just "lose" a whole bunch of FB contacts without doing the work and feeling guilty.

February is a really busy month and we have some not so fun stuff going on and I keep telling myself it will all be over in 29ish days...I hope it goes quickly.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/izn4lw.jpg[/IMG]

**Crunchy Mama to three girlies and one little guy**

*P 9.2005 * B 11.2007 * M 6.2009 * J 11.2011*
  • * My friend is due on 2/11, our bellies are the same size...and I have 6 weeks left.

* This pregnancy still feels unreal to me.  I'm not one bit nervous yet, I'm just waiting for it to hit me.

* I hate the sneeze'n'pee

• I feel like crap. I'm nauseous and have zero appetite. I was hoping the doctor would say, "Oh! You must be in labor. You'll probably have a baby tonight or tomorrow!" Oh no. The response I got was, "yeah. It's going around." Fark. I'm miserable and while I won't risk her health and be induced, I was really REALLY hoping she was ready to be born.

I want my doctor to put me on bed rest so I don't have to deal with my water possibly breaking at school and having to get coverage while NeSA tests are going on, driving to get Kelly, dealing with what to do with Owen, etc. If I knew I could still get paid I'd be done working for now but I won't use up my paid days before she gets here. I want to save as much time as possible for when she's here. I hate it when money rules. Sucks donkey balls.

Owen had a massive meltdown at the doctor's office. The other couple in the waiting room was looking at me like, "and you're going to have another?!?!" I gave them a nice "oh honey- this is massive for my kid and he's hella good. You just wait until you get your kid and see how it goes when you wake him/her up from a nap, take them out in the freezing cold, and drag them around the doctor's office" smile. He was irrationally tired. I was able to calm him down pretty quickly. I couldn't help but laugh. They've got a lot coming from them.

Parent/Teacher conferences freak me out. They have always gone well, but I'm faaaar more comfortable with a 5 year old than I am with their parents. Freaks me out every time. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have a huge tub of newborn-3month baby clothes sitting in my living room and it's bothering me. And it makes me sad that my baby is growing so fast.

I'm spending the next few days in my pj's with my DD watching netflix and our newly installed cable! Oh how I have missed cable.

I'm seriously craving some Arby's, but I'm not loading DD in the car with these roads to go get some.

I can't wait to go see Jeff Dunham in March!

[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/ksheppard18/rufus256-1.jpg[/IMG]

~While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about.~

SAHM to my cutie-Lilah Jo who was born via c-section on October 26,2010 at 38 weeks.

BFP 11/29/11--EDD 08/09/12! So excited for baby #2!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttc4027.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Im afraid that every time I go to stand that shes going to come flying out of me. She is creating so much pressure that its painful to walk most times now!

I have no appetite but force myself to eat right now.  I feel like even a small bite Im stretched to my limits!

Liz is so cute I can't believe how she is embracing everything with Alexis right now!

I feel like the worst mom in the world because I can only do so much with Liz before contractions and pressure begins!  This should be our time to spend together and play before her sibling comes!

• image nkberg:

** I hate the sneeze'n'pee

Just wait...it gets worse!  For me anyway.

• I am working on a SSD application for a client and they are so high maintenance that I am feeling overwhelmed and annoyed.  He just emailed me another 20+ questions this afternoon, when I met with him this morning and he could've addressed them at that point.  Guess I'll be working from home late tonight.

My best friend's dad's memorial service is scheduled for 2-4 Sunday, right in the middle of a shower that we are throwing for another good friend at 3:00 at our house.....and some of the friends at the shower would otherwise go to the memorial.  I absolutely want to be there for my best friend, and will move the shower.  I am projecting any negative emotions about this by blaming her dad's new wife (of only 6 weeks prior to his death) who planned the memorial, especially after some things I've heard that are causing me to question a few things about her.  I feel like a horrible person for being even slightly annoyed at the rescheduling of the shower.

Blythe, born 6/5/10, and Oscar the dog (not pictured), adopted 11/16/07
  • I am trying to get my hubby to decide on a name for this darling boy... Throwing in one that he veto'ed a long time ago to see if it will stick. :) 

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and it freaked me out when my doctor said that if I fall (with my track record) I need to go to Labor and Delivery right away. Since I am past 20 weeks.

After she said that, I decided to call in for a sub in the afternoon today. Hopefully we have a snow day tomorrow so I don't have to go out in this mess. (We know my history with falling...)

I may be wasting money but I got an ergo carrier, ordering a K'Tan and having my friend Lindsey make me a sling. I have no idea what is going to work with my bum elbow and I will be home with the baby all summer long by myself and I don't know what will work.

I am excited that my doctor told me to eat like I have been eating and I can have even dessert a few nights a week. (Since I haven't been gaining weight yet!)  

• My Dh's cousin's wife is pregnant.  I may or may not have met her, I'm not sure, but I got an invitation to her baby shower.  Um, hello?  I freaking live in Germany.  I don't know who the hell you are.  I'm obviously not coming.  They included the business cards for places that she's registered.  Included a phone number for "regrets only".  It's totally a 'give me a gift' request, and I refuse to do it.  I am not rsvping, and I am not sending a gift.  I told Dh if he wants them to get a baby gift, he can take care of it himself (of course he wasn't invited to the shower, just me).

• Maren is drinking coffee right now- it is decaf and really there is about 1/2 inch in the bottom of a cup of chocolate milk but she LOVES it. I asked the pedi about it and she said the antioxidents cant hurt as long as it is not an everyday thing. I still feel weird that I just gave her coffee.

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • image jab4ever:

I am trying to get my hubby to decide on a name for this darling boy... Throwing in one that he veto'ed a long time ago to see if it will stick. :) 

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and it freaked me out when my doctor said that if I fall (with my track record) I need to go to Labor and Delivery right away. Since I am past 20 weeks.

After she said that, I decided to call in for a sub in the afternoon today. Hopefully we have a snow day tomorrow so I don't have to go out in this mess. (We know my history with falling...)

I may be wasting money but I got an ergo carrier, ordering a K'Tan and having my friend Lindsey make me a sling. I have no idea what is going to work with my bum elbow and I will be home with the baby all summer long by myself and I don't know what will work.

I am excited that my doctor told me to eat like I have been eating and I can have even dessert a few nights a week. (Since I haven't been gaining weight yet!)  

YaY!