Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What's this weather supposed to do?

Since it took me 2 hours to get to work today, I'm curious when things are supposed to get bad again and how much snow we're supposed to get.

Re: What's this weather supposed to do?

• This is what weather.com is telling me:

Monday:  A light wintry mix. High 28F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Monday night: Snow this evening will give way to lingering snow showers late. Low 17F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches.

Tuesday: Blustery with snow showers. High 17F. Winds N at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snowfall around one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• I've heard 4 -6 and 7 - 12 inches...I'm no help.

I'd like it to snow enough that I have to stay home with the kids for a few days.  ;)

• Channel 7 is saying 10-16 inches by Wednesday morning. Indifferent
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Amy&Andy:
    Channel 7 is saying 10-16 inches by Wednesday morning. Indifferent

I should probably go to the grocery store then...  :)

• image shannie21:

image Amy&Andy:

I should probably go to the grocery store then...  :)

I was just thinking this same thing when I saw that! lol

I wish I could have a snow day. But hardly anyone ever misses work  here for weather reasons unless they have kids without school or daycare.

• DH told me I need to hit the store and ensure we have food.  If we do get any of the snowfall.  This lady is staying home!
  • image Amy&Andy:

I always find that they over-exaggerate. In fact, I yell at the tv most nights because of this.

photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• Not sure exactly but it's clear to me that mother nature is planning to take a huge dump on us.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Winter storm warning remains in effect until 6 am cst wednesday,
    A winter storm warning remains in effect until 6 am cst wednesday.
    Timing: Snow and blowing snow will continue into late Tuesday night.
    Snow accumulations: Generally 6 to 9 inches possible.
    Winds: Gusts out of the northwest increasing to 30 to 40 mph Tuesday morning.
    Impacts: Combination of gusty winds and cold temperatures will result in blowing and drifting snow as well as bitterly cold wind chills. The strong winds will continue into Wednesday morning and may create near whiteout conditions at times. Driving conditions will dangerous through Wednesday morning.
    Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09
  • I saw the same thing Summer just posted, from the NOAA weather site... 6-9 inches, winter storm warning through Wed morning.  I think school will be cancelled tomorrow and Wed, if not for snow then for bitter cold.

I'm hoping it either snows a LOT and I don't have any choice than to stay home, or not much at all (2-3 inches).  I hate driving in the snow, especially with all this ice underneath it; it freaks me out.

• I got the call this afternoon that I didn't have to come into work because they were closing.  I would be a happy girl if we got snow days Tuesday and Wednesday.  :-)