BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

We should definitely hire this guy...

We get a lot of resumes sent to our general inbox here, but this is a new one for me (he says he's a professional online poker player):

"I believe the skills I have honed through poker -- maintaining emotional control under pressure, using expected value to quickly identify profitable risks, and adhering to strict bankroll standards -- will afford me a relatively seamless transition to the world of money management."

Oh yes, that is exactly what companies are looking for!  I'm sure he'll have a finance job in no time...

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2942cno.jpg[/IMG]

Re: We should definitely hire this guy...

• heh, I'm pretty sure that if my own personal experience w/ booking hotels, flights, and rental cars is not good enough to land me a Travel Agency job, then his personal experience as an online poker player won't be good enough for a financial advisor. 

so, I wonder... if he's a "professional", who exactly was paying him to play poker, and what is his record?  hah

image image
  • hrmmm... should I add these qualities to my resume?!?!?!  ha ha 
  • That is awesome! What a way to stand out with your resume dude!
    image BNOTB Awards
  • I think he's got a better future in either Sales or Marketing.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• D used to be a semi-pro poker player, and he has never put it on a resume.  Until you go the the World Series of Poker and make it to one of the final tables, it's a hobby, not a job. 

This guy sounds like a real winner, and should by all means be trusted with other's money.

BNOTB March Siggy Challenge My favorite spring pic/thing The scent and sight of lilacs in the sun PhotobucketDaisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image RevJen:
    I think he's got a better future in either Sales or Marketing.

True - especially since he linked to the website that he is supposedly one of the top winners on!

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2942cno.jpg[/IMG]
  • *Red Flag*

That is the LAST person I would hire for a financial position.  Although, you've got to give him props for spinning it the way he did.  Very creative. Wink

Vacation

Holiday