September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Let's talk.

2»

Re: Let's talk.

• image citygirl17:

image Ferdy2584:
    wasn't going for insensitive.... I'm just saying.... I don't feel a connection with you...it's not the end of the world. You are who you are and I am who I am. Tigers have stripes-- leopards have spots..... they still coexist but they just don't hang together.

Ferdy - I need to put in my two-sense here because I've seen Jody get thrown under the bush before and it's not fair.  You're entitled to your opinions, and I know that you didn't say anything nasty, call names, etc.  But why mention Jody's name at all and single her out?  It just seems so unnecessary and I'm just saying that I can see why she would be annoyed for you to call her out like that.  Why instigate drama when there is no need to?  I completely understand what you're saying here, and it's fine to feel this way - but it's not what you are saying that Jody has a problem with - it's that you singled her out that could be taken offensively.  I'm not here to judge, but don't act surprised if she gets defensive with you over something like this.

I agree with Citygirl.  If you had called out my name instead of Jody's, I would have been offended by it as well.  I'm sure there are a few people that I would not be friends with but I wouldn't name names.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • I also name Dats...... so I should expect her to get all pissy too??? 

I feel like no matter what I say SOME one is gonna get offended....so might as well be honest.

I'm just saying that we don't vibe...... that's it.

I can't really say sorry.... because I'm not. Why do I feel like if anyone says anything about Jody she gets upset??  Ahhhhhhh!!! 

-_- 

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

• image Ferdy2584:

I also name Dats...... so I should expect her to get all pissy too??? 

:::headdesk:::

I wasn't going to say anything but DH said why *** to him about it when I should say it to the people who are involved. Jody may get upset easier then some, but if you had named me I'd be taken aback as well. You didn't say anything negative about her, but her name was surrounded by a negative connotation. Dats was not, you had said she was one of the few you clicked with, so why would she get upset? 

I just don't understand why names had to come into play at all. I'm not attacking, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

/end rant

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/24zht0w.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm finally reading this at 8:45 P.M. 

Thanks to Deb, Ashley, and Siobhan for actually understanding what I meant.

As for the rest of you....forget it, you're not worth my time.

• point. proven.

Hold on let ME be the drama queen here---- I'm not sure how it's done so I will take a stab at it.

.....So done on this topic. Thanks for reminding my why I don't frequent here anymore. GBCN!!!!! 

(le sigh-- wishes the interwebz had a sarcasm font ....it totally needs one OH EMM GEE) 

• ^^^ Loves you Ferds :-)
  • I missed all of this, but as a blanket statement I don't give a fig's fart about cliques and who's nice or who's not in real life or online.

I don't care if people like me or what they think about me overall - I never have and I never will so it's hard for me to understand when people do, even though I know I'm not the norm there. I just figure the following:

1. I don't like some people for various reasons

2. I don't like some people for reasons I can't put my finger on

3. I don't like OR dislike some people, they're just "there" to me and I don't really have a lot in common with them

So it stands to reason that some people don't like me for a specific reason, some people don't like me for an unknown reason, and some people don't really have interest in me or getting to know me. And that's all OK!

In real life both in person and on the interwebz we can't and won't all get along and sing kumbaya.

I wish everyone did not take things so personally - if someone doesn't like you or respond to you, then they don't, screw them and they're missing out and all that jazz. You're fine even if everyone doesn't like you. We're all fine!

• My tongue is bleeding right now. Ugh.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image stephaniem1977:

I wish everyone did not take things so personally - if someone doesn't like you or respond to you, then they don't, screw them and they're missing out and all that jazz. You're fine even if everyone doesn't like you. We're all fine!

agree; well said!

image Anniversary
  • image JenO24:
    image stephaniem1977:

agree; well said!

Ditto.  I suppose I don't follow this advice though, since I started this whole thread.  But it's more from a curiosity standpoint (as in, do you think this and why, because I don't see it).  

A lot of people don't like me, and usually I deserve it.  Sure I get momentarily upset when I don't feel like I deserve someone's dislike, but I move on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • c'mon guys....let's build a campfire, hold hands and sing --- s'mores anyone??

• image Ferdy2584:
    c'mon guys....let's build a campfire, hold hands and sing --- s'mores anyone??

mmmmm smores! Wink

i like you laura!
    i like you too ferdy!

image Anniversary
  • Like a dinner for schmucks?.. please Ferds, you are not worthy of my time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok well since I am on TN like once a week if that........I just went through this whole thing.......hahaha all I can say is what will be will be, life will go on and we all crossed paths for one reason.. I can understand why this topic was brought up........and its a valid point I did previously send a fb comment to someone and said "everyone formed little cliques" I was refering to alot of people stopped posting on here and just talk to each other in real life or on facebook and we were all so close at one time and then its kinda like the week after graduation we all migrated are on ways........so I was just saying  I miss being in high school!

I know sometimes we see things in black or white and some live in a world of color.......at the end of the day Im glad to have shared wedding planning with you and since I dont post often as I used to since so much is going on and school is back in session I wish everyone happiness, puppies, rainbows........and that each one of us crossed paths via internet, real life, fb buddies for some reason one way or another!!

• Wow.. glad Ive been busy this week and havent been able to catch up on TN. I love how the drama threads do get the most action! Hope everyone is having a better day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010
  • image mullen24:

Ok well since I am on TN like once a week if that........I just went through this whole thing.......hahaha all I can say is what will be will be, life will go on and we all crossed paths for one reason.. I can understand why this topic was brought up........and its a valid point I did previously send a fb comment to someone and said "everyone formed little cliques" I was refering to alot of people stopped posting on here and just talk to each other in real life or on facebook and we were all so close at one time and then its kinda like the week after graduation we all migrated are on ways........so I was just saying  I miss being in high school!

I know sometimes we see things in black or white and some live in a world of color.......at the end of the day Im glad to have shared wedding planning with you and since I dont post often as I used to since so much is going on and school is back in session I wish everyone happiness, puppies, rainbows........and that each one of us crossed paths via internet, real life, fb buddies for some reason one way or another!!

hahahahahahahahaha to this entire thread.  I enjoyed every word of it.  I'm like that biatch kid clapping and jumping up and down with glee on the sidelines while the cat fight rages on.  I'm an assshole. Sorry.   I didn't enjoy other people's misery, it was just such a hysterical read.  You guys are great!  

Anywayz...mullen I did like your post. I may have liked it the best. I loved your reasoning behind saying you thought things were "cliquey". 

Also...can someone invite me to this clique thingee wherever it is taking place? It sounds like being left out of it is the end of the world.  I no likey that.

TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker