Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

DR CN - Has anyone had a torn rotator cuff (this is mod btw)

Anyone had this? What did it feel like? How long did you hurt before you gave in and went to the DR?

Re: DR CN - Has anyone had a torn rotator cuff (this is mod btw)

• I think you fail and being an AE.

I have not, but I know people who have, some needed surgery. Apparently it hurts like a ***.

What did you do? 

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • *fail AT

That's okay though, because I fail typing.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • It feels like a constant ache/burning sensation in the area that has been torn, with sharp, stabbing pains when you try and move your arm.  If I tried to do any movement that used those muscles I wanted to cry.  I had this when I was 15 from karate, and mine was torn in 2 directions.  I suppose the feel/level of pain would depend on how bad of a tear it was.

I lasted 2 days? before seeing the doc.  In the meantime, ice, heat, pain killers, and a sling.  Oh and I slept basically sitting up for a while so I wouldn't roll over on it.  And I learned to do things left handed for a while.  I had physical therapy.  The doc didn't want to do surgery since he thought I might still grow (haha).  I also had nerve and blood vessel damage.

What did you do??

Caroline 5/15/11
  • I fell off a ladder right before Christmas and caught myself against the door. For like a week I was in really bad constant pain. Now I am in regular mild to medium pain. Certain movements kill and sometimes it feels like my shoulder has caught on something when trying to move my arm. I wake myself up a lot at night if I roll onto it.

Damnitall. I will call the dr tomorrow

• I have torm my labrum of my left shoulder (shoulder would pop out and pop back it over the slightest movement) and I have messed up the right shoulder in many ways (between rugby and a car accident).  My rotator cuff on the left shoulder was barely intact but the surgery to fix the labrum he tightened up the rest of joint with bolts, etc.

If you can find an orthopaedist that specializes in shoulders, I would start there.  Sometimes physical therapy helps with the ligaments and the shoulder, sometimes you need more. 

• I just got through evaluating a bunch of medical records for a lady who says she has one.  She believes she got it from falling out of a chair that broke in a restaurant. I think she's a lying wh0re though. 

• image mulva33:

I just got through evaluating a bunch of medical records for a lady who says she has one.  She believes she got it from falling out of a chair that broke in a restaurant. I think she's a lying wh0re though. 

I had a case like that once.  Plaintiff got a big fat zero.  I have one now where the lady tripped on a sidewalk, broke her wrist, then claimed the torn rotator cuff that turned up 18 months later was related to the fall. 

• Well

A. I hope I don't have one and B. I can't sue myself for stupidity if I do so I am not a lying hoar

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy