Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Randoms

Re: Randoms

• OMG! OMG OMG!!!!!!!! Big Smile
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Vicki! Dude, I don't know if I'd have recognized you if I ran into you on the street. You should be way proud of yourself man. You look amazing.

TSD - Our doctor's office is the same way! When Evie went in for her 4 month appointment they said she was an inch and a half shorter than she was at her two month appointment. I was all, "Really. Evie weighs four more pounds but she shrank an inch and a half?" then they remeasured and she'd gained an inch. I know they're squirmy little buggers, but come on.

• VICKI!!!! You look amazing. Wow. Wow!!!! 
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Holy crap Vicki.

Holy crap!

• Thanks guys!  I am pretty proud of myself today.  Life can only get better for me. 
  • oh Vicki, you look beautiful!  I have always thought you were beautiful, but you look so healthy and happy (as you can with your personal stuff going on).  Congrats!! 
  • Vicki, you have got to be kidding me!  Are you sure your not just Photoshopping your head onto a model's body?  You look amazing!  I can't even believe it.  You're doing so much better than the average patient by a lot, aren't you?  Gah, you are such an inspiration!  Your hard work is paying off and showing.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • You look great, Vicki.  That's really amazing.

Every time we've brought Ian in for a well visit, they've had to re-do either his height or his head circumference.  Once they came in to measure his head three times. 

• image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I've learned a few people's major riling points.  Tamb hates to be told she's dumb.  Booby hates to be told she has gnappy hair.  LTP hates to be told she has a FUPA.  Aance hates to be told anything "liberal" or "PC".  And floyd hates to be told her relationship with her H is kinda messed up.

Yes. And Lucy hates for anyone to imply that she could be a cheater.  I can't even remember a lot of names, I just know that I've seen everything get really "EW" "OMG" "Indifferent" really quickly over stupid things.

A lot of the regs seem to get really reactive and thuper therious quickly. It's like a troll's dream come true. 

• My flabby skin tells me this isn't a model's body.  Seriously, I think my belly is stretchier than B's scrotum.  But, they say it takes up to 2 years for your skin to bounce back.  We'll see.  But I look nice in clothes!

Cali, nobody has ever told me what "average" is, but I've lost 152 pounds.  30 of that was before surgery, so 122 pounds in 6 months.  Not shabby.

• Vicki, you look fantastic.

• image VickiSept2006:

My flabby skin tells me this isn't a model's body.  Seriously, I think my belly is stretchier than B's scrotum.  But, they say it takes up to 2 years for your skin to bounce back.  We'll see.  But I look nice in clothes!

Cali, nobody has ever told me what "average" is, but I've lost 152 pounds.  30 of that was before surgery, so 122 pounds in 6 months.  Not shabby.

That is unbelievable.  What an accomplishment!  Is it weird that I'm proud of you even though I don't know you?

image Mabel the Loser.
  • Geez, that'll learn me to not start a reply and then eat some yogurt and then post my reply when the subject has completely changed.

Holy crap Vicki! Way to do dude! Has there been an update on the Brian situation? I hope you are doing well. You look absolutely incredible.

• image VickiSept2006:

But I look nice in clothes!

Understatement of the year.

• The last update I posted was about finding out he was still talking to the other girl, and telling him I am done.  Of course now he is all weepy and wants to work things out.  I reserved a hotel this week so I could get away and have some me time.  I go home on Friday, and honestly, I don't think I want to try to work on things anymore.   There has been too much hurt & disrespect.  I deserve better. 
  • image VickiSept2006:
    I deserve better. 

Word.

Where in Wisconsin are you thinking of?

• image VickiSept2006:
    The last update I posted was about finding out he was still talking to the other girl, and telling him I am done.  Of course now he is all weepy and wants to work things out.  I reserved a hotel this week so I could get away and have some me time.  I go home on Friday, and honestly, I don't think I want to try to work on things anymore.   There has been too much hurt & disrespect.  I deserve better

Word.

He is realizing that he is about to lose a strong, beautiful woman.

ETA - I really didn't mean to repeat Noisy.  My stupid computer is crazy slow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Madison.  My brother, niece, nephew and best friend (ex-SIL) all live there.  I loves them.  And I love Madison.
  • You do look great and do deserve better! (Those are unrelated despite being in the same sentence.)
  • Vicki, you look absolutely amazing! And I hope you figure out what is best for you with the B thing. You do deserve better.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Yes, I saw that update. I am ragey at the weepiness. I didn't feel bad while continuing to do shady stuff and lie about it this whole time, and I didn't feel bad when I got caught cuz I figured you'd stick around again, but now that  I see that there are consequences I seriously feel SUPER sorry!

Good for you for taking some time for yourself, and for knowing that you deserve better. You are so talented, you look EFFING.AMAZING, you don't have to settle for anything or anyone that doesn't recognize your awesomeness

• image jens_a_ten:

Yes, I saw that update. I am ragey at the weepiness. I didn't feel bad while continuing to do shady stuff and lie about it this whole time, and I didn't feel bad when I got caught cuz I figured you'd stick around again, but now that  I see that there are consequences I seriously feel SUPER sorry!

Your Reader's Digest verison is perfect.  I think I may recite that to him using Bethievoice next time he's crying.

• Vicki!!! oh man, you look just beautiful! way to go!

you DO deserve way better, and you will have absolutely no trouble finding it, pretty girl!

• Do it, Vicki!

And if it's not too much trouble, videotape it. I bet you do a great bethievoice. 

• image VickiSept2006:
    I deserve better. 

You definitely do.

I can't see the picture, but can't wait to check back tonight.  152 pounds is an amazing accomplishment.  So incredible!

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Vicki, you look fantastic. And I'm so happy you've reached "that" point, when the balance between "I'm tired of the bullshit and I think I could be okay on my own" and "I don't want to throw away my marriage" tips to the former. It can only go up from here. You DO deserve better and I don't think B will ever be that. Fvck him for trying to guilt and weep his way back. Outta the way, you're on to better things!

I have no idea where this area is going to put this next snowstorm.  I feel like I live in the biodome because my complex is basically tunnels between 3' high snowbanks.

I have plans for Saturday and there are 11 trillion other things that I have been invited to now and I'm psyched about my plans but I would also love to do the other stuff. Why does everything happen on one day!?

My feet are so fvcking dry. Like, no matter how much I pumice. They make scrapey sounds when I put socks on and it makes me cringe because I HATE that feeling.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Boo to Madison!  Portland is where it's at!  All the cool kids are moving here.  And my husband really wants you to become a sister wife.  I can't remember if I extended a formal invitation to you in regards to that already, so if I didn't, my bad.

B messed things up so bad.  His scrotum can't stretch big enough to cover the mistakes he created.  Hopefully his regret can keep him warm at night.  It was his choice (time and time again) to completely dissolve any chance for you to trust him again, so boofuckinghoo to him.

• I'm cracking up at reading the message in Bethievoice.

I love Madison! We would have moved there in a heartbeat and I would have been able to take writing classes with my favorite writer, but it was one of the two schools that didn't accept Lorne. Madison gets thumbs up from me.

• Vicki, that is amazing. You look great!
  • image VickiSept2006:
    The last update I posted was about finding out he was still talking to the other girl, and telling him I am done.  Of course now he is all weepy and wants to work things out.  I reserved a hotel this week so I could get away and have some me time.  I go home on Friday, and honestly, I don't think I want to try to work on things anymore.   There has been too much hurt & disrespect.  I deserve better. 

a) you look great, congratulations! 

b) your situation will suck no matter what, but take some joy in his weepy begging. It's better than feeling like a piece of week-old pizza in the fridge. ("Should I eat this? I'm not that hungry, and it probably won't be any good. It's probably moldly, too. But it's THERE, maybe I should take a small bite.  Eh, I don't know....")

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse