Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Randoms

I went on an online shopping binge yesterday and am getting all of these 'your order has shipped" emails today.  Yay!  It's like Christmas in January.  For Jews.  I really want a few more items but I should try to control myself.  THough if anyone sees an awesome pair of black riding boots, send the link my way. 

My forearm started hurting a few minutes ago and I looked down and there was a cut.  I have no idea how I got it.

I'm really really annoyed with the book I'm reading now.  1/2 way through World W/o End and I hate some of the characters with such a passion.

image Mabel the Loser.

Re: Randoms

• A woman just got off the elevator in our office, selected a magazine and sat down on the couch.  I think she's just a random woman looking for a place to rest.

Ian is desperately trying to learn how to jump.  He loves doing somersaults and being upside down so I signed him up for gymnastics/tumbling starting Saturday.  I can't wait.  Here's a shaky video of him trying to jump:   

•  I want to go on a shopping binge. It has been so long since I made some really good additions to my wardrobe. Usually I stock up during boxing week, but I just didn't have any luck this year and bought one cardigan for 20 bucks and that was it.

I am trying to hold off because a) I want to get my asss in better shape before I buy clothes and b) I'm hoping to do some shopping damage in Vegas when I go. 

Rehashing all of the drama of times gone by has actually made me appreciate the vibe here now. Not that it's not awesome and entertaining to read, but I'm realizing just how much theriousness and paranoia and distrust was going on.

So overall it makes me happy that people here are generally comfortable with each other and with sharing about their lives without having to worry constantly about alliances and sh*t. 

• last week I started getting these itchy bumps on random spots on my body. mostly my abdomen but a couple on my arms and legs. They were teeny but itchy. I thought at first it was a bug trapped in my clothes so I changed. Then I thought maybe we had something in the house, but then we went to my MILs and I still kept getting them. Now I think it is some strange rash or something, but it doesn't seem like a rash so I am confused.

My thumb joint and knee have been hurting pretty badly for a couple of months and I assume it is tendonitis but I haven't done anything.

But now, with the rash, I am having paranoia that I have some autoimmune disorder.

• I love Ian's little receding hairline!  He's so cute.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • If I ever own a retail store, our post holiday sale will be called the Christmas in January for Jews Sale.

jens, I appreciate that you enjoy this vibe, but understand that having mortal enemies on the internet can be so. much. FUN. I miss it.

The Gap has an extra 50% off sale stuff, some of which is already marked down past 75% off.  Usually this means slim pickins, but I guess they had a terrible year or something because there is a ton of clothes in stock.  At least at the mall by me.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Fent, I could still get down with making some mortal enemies, I'm just glad it's not occurring within the circle of friends. I think a targeted effort towards some IF crazies or AP fanatics could be in order. I had also been considering stirring up some trouble with some ML people because there seem to be a few who get riled up really easily, but I have been too lazy to spend the time figuring out who I really don't like.

• One of my randoms is that in December I found out Kathy Griffin was touring in my area in March.  I have always wanted to see her live so I looked up ticket prices, which were astronomical, probably because they only had front and center seats left.  I knew we couldn't afford them at the time so I gave up on my dream but vowed to listen to the radio everyday to win tickets (has not happened).

A few days ago, I got a email letting me know more tickets were being released for her upcoming shows and to my delight, there cheaper (aka nosebleed) seats available.  I was so excited, mainly because I figured this would be my first night "out" after Emmett was born, so I told my H I was going to book the seats.  I come to find out that he had booked the tickets in December when I first mentioned it, at the astronomical front and center price.  He was going to surprise me after the baby was born with them.  He's super sweet.  And yes, I get that excited about Kathy Griffin that you just read 2 paragraphs about her.  I'm sorry.

Due to my expanding stomach, our queen sized bed wasn't cutting it for the past month and my H and I have been sleeping in separate bedrooms.  Sunday we broke down and bought a kind size latex bed (which is similar to a temperpedic (sp?) but you don't sink into it, so if you have night sweats, you won't get overheated).  BEST. IDEA. EVER.  Ryan said it was the first time in 34 years he has not woken up sweating to death or with a sore back.  I am also rediculously happy about our purchase and very comfy at night.   

"Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin
  • image Novemberrocks:

I'm really really annoyed with the book I'm reading now.  1/2 way through World W/o End and I hate some of the characters with such a passion.

I'm reading World W/O End right now tooooooo!  I don't think I'm halfway through though--maybe 1/4 through.  As you know, it's a looong book. 

Which characters do you hate with a passion??  I guess you shouldn't tell me if it contains spoilers after the point . . . oh, when Merthin loses his job from Elfric and hires on to rebuild the roof of the church of St Thomas.

• I just thought of one more.  Sometimes I believe that Jens and Jehawley on ML are the same person, probably because I think they look similar, both are from Canada and both are quite funny. 
    "Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin
  • image tastyburger:
    image Novemberrocks:

I'm reading World W/O End right now tooooooo!  I don't think I'm halfway through though--maybe 1/4 through.  As you know, it's a looong book. 

Which characters do you hate with a passion??  I guess you shouldn't tell me if it contains spoilers after the point . . . oh, when Merthin loses his job from Elfric and hires on to rebuild the roof of the church of St Thomas.

Ooh, we'll have to discuss as we go through it.  I promise not to give away any spoilers but I hate Godwyn.  HATE.  He's a horrible person.  And Philemon too.

image Mabel the Loser.
  • Winged has bedbugs!  It's an epidemic!!

I hate Kathy Griffin.  A lot.

My randoms:

after today, I have 4 more days of work left.  Ever.  Eeep!

I stopped taking the Pill.  Eeep again.  But it's helped w. my milk production sooo much, bonus!

reading the "past" makes me simultaneously miss the entertainment that the feuds sparked yet glad for the Sisterhood that's been created in its absence.  What we need is a board with more drivebys.  Win-Win-Win.

• Dude.  Kathy Griffin?

One of the kids pulled the fire alarm at daycare this morning.  It was early, so there were only about five kids and five teacher there, which were all outside waiting for the firetruck when I showed up.  The dad of the kid that pulled it left, even though the firetruck didn't show up to let them back in for 10 minutes.  I would have been mortified and would have at least stayed until everyone was back in.  That was weird that he left, right?  I realize I have more of a flexible job than most, but that just seemed weird/rude.

The fireman, at a teacher's request, was trying to lecture the kid (probably 4 or so) on how therious it is to pull the alarm and the kid was like, whooah lookit that cool radio you have... Lesson not learned.

• image tastyburger:

I hate Kathy Griffin.  A lot.

My randoms:

after today, I have 4 more days of work left.  Ever.  Eeep!

I stopped taking the Pill.  Eeep again.  But it's helped w. my milk production sooo much, bonus!

I hate her D-List show but I really like her stand-up shows.

I meant to ask you, how did it go with your bosses, giving your notice?  Did they take it well?

And this stopping the pill is to try to get pregnant again ASAP?  Or for other reasons?

• I haven't had a period since September 09 and am starting to wonder if it's ever going to come.

I spent ten minutes in class last night trying to figure out why I couldn't get the projector to work only to then discover that the cord was plugged into the wrong slot on the back. That will give your students confidence in your abilities.

Ethan and I are going to try finger painting later. I'm sure it's going to be quite the mess. 

• image tastyburger:

reading the "past" makes me simultaneously miss the entertainment that the feuds sparked yet glad for the Sisterhood that's been created in its absence.  What we need is a board with more drivebys.  Win-Win-Win.

That's exactly how I feel!  Some of it's entertaining, but I also remember how gut wrenching some of it was to experience.  I came so close to GBCKing.  I remember I had logged out with the intention that I would not be coming back.  At that moment, Hezz and Expee came back.  If they had shown up an hour later, I wouldn't have known and probably would have stayed r-u-n-n-o-f-t forever.
    Also, I always hate reading what I wrote in the past.  It's so awkward.  

• Aw, thanks Coley. I have also noticed the similarities between Jehawley and I. I haven't yet been able to decide if I'm like "We're the same, let's be friends!" or if I'm like "I already have a twin, DON'T STEAL MY IDENTITY!"
  • image Coley7788:

I meant to ask you, how did it go with your bosses, giving your notice?  Did they take it well?

And this stopping the pill is to try to get pregnant again ASAP?  Or for other reasons?

it went pretty well.  My immediate boss the VP took it pretty well and is just sad that I am leaving, but understands.  We plan on remaining friends and I'm leaving on good terms with her.  THE boss (owner/pres) still hasn't spoken a word to me (but there was a death in the corporation and he's taking that hard, too, sooooo . . . )

We're not preventing, so I guess we're "trying."  I'm EBF so I don't think I'm even close to being fertile right now though.  Which is okay.  I want them close in age, but not Irish twinsies.

• image tastyburger:
    image Coley7788:

it went pretty well.  My immediate boss the VP took it pretty well and is just sad that I am leaving, but understands.  We plan on remaining friends and I'm leaving on good terms with her.  THE boss (owner/pres) still hasn't spoken a word to me (but there was a death in the corporation and he's taking that hard, too, sooooo . . . )

We're not preventing, so I guess we're "trying."  I'm EBF so I don't think I'm even close to being fertile right now though.  Which is okay.  I want them close in age, but not Irish twinsies.

I am pretty sure I was ovulating the entire time I was EBF. Now that I stopped EBF, my period started but I don't think I am ovulating. But I want to hold off on trying to get pregnant until this summer now because I don't want to be pregnant when we go to Amsterdam in April and May.

• I have a tumor on my pituitary gland that tricks my body into thinking I'm always breastfeeding.
  • This dude I went on a couple dates with about a year ago has posted 5 times in the past two weeks on FB how much he loves Katy Perry's Firework song.

He also was still trying to call me in May/June, but is now engaged to be married this summer.

Bullet dodged.

• So jealous you're going back to Amsterdam.  But April and May?  Don't you guys normally go later in the year after school is out?
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    image tastyburger:

That's exactly how I feel!  Some of it's entertaining, but I also remember how gut wrenching some of it was to experience.  I came so close to GBCKing.  I remember I had logged out with the intention that I would not be coming back.  At that moment, Hezz and Expee came back.  If they had shown up an hour later, I wouldn't have known and probably would have stayed r-u-n-n-o-f-t forever.
    Also, I always hate reading what I wrote in the past.  It's so awkward.  

I refuse to believe this. REFUSE. I would have emailed you at some point to let you know.

PS. Sorry I made you read your own dramatic writings, but it was needed for entertainment value. Think of the children!

Jens, there's something exciting about feuds all on the same board. It's like living in West Side Story, or maybe an episode of Law & Order. The downside is that you get backed up at work because you can't tear yourself away from the board.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • The Universe is so mysterious
    *Mystery finger point*

• TSDTSD member

I love E's ped. And I love the nurse there. But every time we go, she messes up his height measurement. The doc is always puzzled and re-does it again in the room. I find this annoying. I'm curious if he ever says, "hey, want to be a little more accurate on the height thing? You've got kids shrinking in here.".

I also don't get the snow craze. It's been snowing like...well, like it's NEW JERSEY. People see snow and they think they need to raid the supermarket or stay trapped in their house. I was up, E and I were dressed and ready to go to my exercise class this morning, and class was cancelled. It had JUST started snowing. Guess what- I still had to take E to his appt (later than my class), and while the roads weren't the best ever, I didn't feel like I was in any danger going to his doc. Hi, it's snow. Get used to it. It blows, but if you can't deal, move.

• With the snow thing, we have had snow, like, 3 times this year.  One storm brought about 10 inches, but the other two have been dustings.  It's crazy.  However, due to the fact that we didn't get very much snow last year either, every time it snows, it's like SNOWMAGEDDON.  The roads are a nightmare.  So, I took it upon myself to have a snow day when we got the 10 inches.  It was great.  I find it more important to stay off of the streets because of the 8,000 people that freak out about it and make it far more dangerous.  Plus, I'm lazy and I like to stay home with my boys and watch TV (actually, I think we ended up going to the mall that afternoon).

You're welcome for that highly necessary story.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image jens_a_ten:

Fent, I could still get down with making some mortal enemies, I'm just glad it's not occurring within the circle of friends. I think a targeted effort towards some IF crazies or AP fanatics could be in order. I had also been considering stirring up some trouble with some ML people because there seem to be a few who get riled up really easily, but I have been too lazy to spend the time figuring out who I really don't like.

ooooh- name the names, james.

I want to know who gets riled.

and I want to be in on any board wars that blow up./

Tarnation!

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/963/5279/9635279.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]
  • I've learned a few people's major riling points.  Tamb hates to be told she's dumb.  Booby hates to be told she has gnappy hair.  LTP hates to be told she has a FUPA.  Aance hates to be told anything "liberal" or "PC".  And floyd hates to be told her relationship with her H is kinda messed up.
  • I'm seriously considering moving to Wisconsin when all is said and done here.  Seems like a good central location for GTGs. 

Also, this morning was awesome.  I called in sick to work and did some outlet shopping.  I had an "OMG I'm skinny!" moment.  I'm the smallest I've been since I was 15.   One more size to go to my personal goal.  Crappy fitting room pictures below!

• OMG, Vicki!  You look absolutely amazing!!  I'm so impressed with you through this journey.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I've learned a few people's major riling points.  Tamb hates to be told she's dumb.  Booby hates to be told she has gnappy hair.  LTP hates to be told she has a FUPA.  Aance hates to be told anything "liberal" or "PC".  And floyd hates to be told her relationship with her H is kinda messed up.

that's weird, most people LIKE to hear that they're nappy haired dummies with fupas and crummy relationships!

as for aance, she is clenchingly conservative. which seems so weird to me.

Tarnation!

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/963/5279/9635279.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]