Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Krisd

How are you feeling? Completely done being pregnant yet?
"Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin

Re: Krisd

• I'm actually not feeling too bad.  I think I've been lucky with a very easy pregnancy overall, but I am getting really excited to finally meet this little one!  You?
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • I'm okay, but really just done and ready to meet him as well. Plus I think he officially ran out of room in there last week. Are you working up until his/her arrival? Also, do you have names picked out? I cant remember if you posted about them.
    "Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin
  • Yep.  I plan on working until the end.  I want as much time with the baby once it comes.  How about you?  Are you working now, I forget?

I think I may have mentioned names once.  Right now we are set on Zachary Scott for a boy and Delilah Grace for a girl.

So do you have everything set and ready to go?  Has your doctor checked progress at all yet?

IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • I love the names!!!

I'm not working now.  I had been applying and interviewing but once people get a load of my stomach, they don't seem too interested in speaking to me about a position. 

We are ready for him!  The only thing I've been slacking on prepping is my hospital bag, because I figure if I have that ready then I'll never go into labor.  At my 37 week appointment last Thursday he was high still and I had no progress at all.  I think this week will be the same result, but we'll see.  How about you?  Any progress?

• Thanks.  I really like Emmett too.  Did you also have a middle name?

I threw some stuff together in a bag because my H kept pestering me about it, but I figured I would've had plenty of time to throw things together once I started getting contractions so I wasn't too worried.  Plus some of the stuff won't be going into the bag until the end anyways.  And we have a couple pictures to hang in the nursery and then we're done with that, so i feel like I'm just going to be twiddling my thumbs now for a few weeks which is going to drive me crazy! 

I haven't actually had any internals yet.  My doc said she doesn't typically do them until 39 weeks, but said she might do one next Monday at my 38 week appointment.   So right now I have no idea what's going on down there - haha.

IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Thank you!  His middle name will be Michael, which is my dad's first name and Ryan's dad's middle name. 

I can completely relate to the twiddling my thumbs part.  Once his nursery was complete, I really had nothing to do either.  I've been trying to just relax and catch up on reading and other things, but I have the attention span of a fruit fly and any type of project or cleaning binge bores me after 10 minutes. 

I think it's a good idea to not really know what's going on down there anyway.  I feel like if the doc says "Oh, you're 5 CM and 80% effaced" that I'd be super jumpy and think that every little movement or cramp was full on labor. 

• Yeah - I figured it really doesn't mean much anyways since you can be dilated for weeks or just hours before things start moving along.  I'm really hoping I don't go too late though because my doc is taking vacation starting 5 days after my EDD.  She keeps joking with me that I'm not allowed to be late.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • I can't believe how close you guys are.  That went fast!

Andplusalso, 2/5 is a great day to give birth :)  MC will be having a superbowl slash birthday party at some point, for sure.  Back when we found out her due date was close to the superbowl, we joked that if either the Seahawks or the Giants were playing in the big game and I went into labor, we'd call an audible and convert to a home birth.

Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • I can't believe Mucho is already going to be 1!  That seemed to fly by.  I was sure I was going to go into labor on Feb. 6th had the Bears made it into the Superbowl, but alas they didn't, so now I am sure I'll be waiting for a while.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • I just saw that MC's birthday was coming up and I can't believe she is going to be a year old.  These AFSBCN babies are growing up too fast.

I have had a feeling since about 4 months, that 2/5 would be Emmett's birthday, so we'll see, you may be right!

• You guys are really close!  Keep your bags packed and at the ready -- I went into three weeks early and was glad I had everything together to get out the door quickly.  Alas, I still had to wait for Fran to pack all his stuff.

I like the names. 

• All right you two, the race is on to see who births first.  If you aint first, you're last!
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I'll throw in another vote for packing the bag now, just in case labor starts with your water breaking.  I was gushing like a mofo and was happy that I had already packed.  I could just chill out in the bathroom while my husband got the dog situated and picked up/packed the car.