Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Moms who CD

I didn't want to thread jack Heyemilina.  I also can't get on during the work day so I may not see responses until tomorrow evening. 

But, if you cloth diaper, do you also use cloth wipes?  Why/why not?  Do you use them at home but not with a babysitter/daycare?  I'm trying to figure out what I want to do.  We're going with an in-home sitter and I feel like I'm asking a lot for them to CD with my kid (not really popular in the area) without also asking them to use cloth wipes.  I'm also kind of ambivalent about cloth wipes in general. 

Caroline 5/15/11

Re: Moms who CD

• You could have hijacked! I'm planning on CD too so I'm interested in responses. I lurk sometimes on the CD board but I find it overwhelming.
  • I do too at times, especially now that I'm starting to feel chronically sleep deprived.
    Caroline 5/15/11
  • image sparrowsocks:

I didn't want to thread jack Heyemilina.  I also can't get on during the work day so I may not see responses until tomorrow evening. 

But, if you cloth diaper, do you also use cloth wipes?  Why/why not?  Do you use them at home but not with a babysitter/daycare?  I'm trying to figure out what I want to do.  We're going with an in-home sitter and I feel like I'm asking a lot for them to CD with my kid (not really popular in the area) without also asking them to use cloth wipes.  I'm also kind of ambivalent about cloth wipes in general. 

Yes I do, because it's easy and they work better than disposable wipes. We have a stash of about 36 cotton flannel squares. I keep a squirt bottle of water by the changing table, and just wet a cloth before wiping. I've also used the Physi-O-Bebe cleansing fluid in combo with water but only because I had some that I had gotten as a gift, that shiit's expensive.

It is sooooo not hard.

The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Forget cloth diapering; that picture of Babycorn is adorable. He is ridiculously cute.
  • We did CD when B was a newborn but they gave him a terrible rash so we stopped (we had been using a service). I was going to start them again (buying our own) when he was a bit older but our DCP won't CD. I am thinking of making the switch for nights and weekends. I am in the process of making my own cloth wipes right now too.

I feel like your DCP may have a harder time with cloth wipes than cloth diapers. It just seems (to me at least) that CD'ing is more popular than cloth wipes. Can you just ask what she is comfortable with?

• Believe it or not, he's cuter in person. It's unpossible not to smile at him.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Jen, that's what I'm thinking.  I think we're just going to have to ask if whoever we go with is willing to use them.  I imagine they would just need to put the wipe in the wet bag with the diaper.  At home use seems easy. 
    Caroline 5/15/11
  • Hopefully they will do both for you!

• I agree, Babycorn is super adorable.

We used cloth wipes even before we started w the CD because they are so easy and gentle on the bum.  I usually just wet one down with warm water from the sink before starting the change, but we also had a little sprayer with water and some organic calming butt wash stuff.

I haven't been very consistent with the CD so far, but he's finally big enough for all the nice OS AIO (at 17 lbs! Holy cow!).  Plus I will be a lady of leisure after next week so I will be getting on the CD wagon in a serious way after that.

• I love babycorn. That picture is so sweet. He really has the best smile.

I use cloth wipes. I like them better then disposable ones. I used disposables once to cleanse my hands because I was out of sanitizer and they left a weird filmy feeling. It weirded me out. And those were the sensitive wipes.Also disposables bunch up and you get poo hands. or at least I do.

Anyway, I use some flannel and some thirsties wipes that have cotton grippy things on them which are great for poo. I use CA baby diaper spray but I water that *** down because it's spendy.

Daycare uses them. they are really not any harder than disposables for them.

Also,  off topic but I recently installed a diaper sprayer and started using bummis disposable liners for the poo situation. i feel like a new woman. i cannot recommend them enough.