International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

greece trip is booked!

we went to a travel agent today and decided on a trip to santorini in june.  YEA!

I cannot wait.  Now we just have to wait 6 months.  Boooo.

We're going to stay here and eat gyros for breakfast lunch and dinner!

http://www.belloniasvillas.com/home.htm 

Re: greece trip is booked!

• Six months! How will you make it until then?
  • i need to get into the habit of just booking stuff. i spend way too much time planning, changing my mind and then just doing "whatever" because I waited so long.

Thank you for inspiring me to look into future plans now. I hope to start solidifying as soon as we know where we'll live come April.

Also, are you still moving back to the US in '11?

• we usually leave trips to the last minute, then realize it needed planning and miss out on some pretty cool stuff (like when we were in istanbul, we didn't realize you had to book a boat cruise days in advance and missed out).  So this time around, I decided that wasn't going to happen.  You can't believe how much we're paying for 8 days.  I was shocked.  But with early planning we're paying something like 80E a person per day for an almost all inclusive (flights, half board, transfers, etc).  I'm pretty excited about it.

We went through Arke, which is also Thompson in the UK.  I'm sure they are something else in Germany.

We are still planning on moving back to the US in July but there has been discussion of moving to another European city.  There are very few I would agree to and they would have to give us a good deal though before I agree. 

• I used to be a travel agent and so I have some really awkward travel planning behavior. I either get caught up in the strangest details, or just want to wait until the price is what I feel it should be. Then I end up waiting so long that we spent the money that would've gone on a trip, on something else.

I'll look into the agency you recommended.I better have a vacation for us booked by the end of January or I'll be really disappointed.

I guess this will be the big trip in Europe before you go back to the US, or move somewhere else in Europe. 

• Was being a travel agent fun?  Did you get to visit a lot of places to suggest to your customers?

We actually have a bunch coming up this year.  In May we have a week we need to decide to do with and in July, we're going to rent a car and drive the Fjords of Norway.  This one is just exciting to me because it's a beach relaxing holiday.  We haven't had much relaxing since we've been here!
  • Congrats! so exciting!! I've always wanted to go to Greece but haven't made it yet.  In June, when we leave China, we are going to take advantage of the insanely cheap ticket prices to Australia and head to the Great Barrier Reef, New Zealand (Queenstown on the South Island, for skiing/snowboarding!) then to the Cook Islands. I can't wait!
  • MsHark I remember you telling us that you ended up in China because your husband is in the military but how did you learn to speak the language?  Was it a crash course becaues you were moving or something you learned in college?
  • image twopeasinapod:
    Was being a travel agent fun?  Did you get to visit a lot of places to suggest to your customers?

We actually have a bunch coming up this year.  In May we have a week we need to decide to do with and in July, we're going to rent a car and drive the Fjords of Norway.  This one is just exciting to me because it's a beach relaxing holiday.  We haven't had much relaxing since we've been here!

I loved being a travel agent. Especially when people did more off the wall trips. I got bored with discussions about going to New York. We did get to visit a lot of places. There were two ways you could do it, either get a travel related company sponsoring a travel agent trip for them to get familiar with their product, or just be aware of good deals and go whereever. I never went on travel agent trips, just took advantage of good deals. I will forever miss travel agent hotel rates at the W, Omni and Sheraton. Ugh.

• Awesome!  We honeymooned on Santorini 7 years ago. Kamari beach was our favorite!  You're going to love it!!!!