Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New Years Eve

This is our first year in Washington for New Years Eve and we still have NO plans. We were thinking of going to the Space Needle to watch the fireworks. I hear that this is about as packed as Times Square on New Years Eve. First, is this true? Where do you park? Finally, what time should one arrive at the Space Needle?

Thanks for all your help! If you have any other suggestions on where to celebrate I would love to hear them!

Re: New Years Eve

• Well, the great thing about fireworks being on the Space Needle is that you don't actually have to be AT the Space Needle to see them :)  I've always just watched it on TV because it's so cold and I never cared enough, but I would just pick a spot where I knew I could see it from - like Queen Anne or something.
  • other options are gasworks park, kerry park, alki beach..those have good views of the space needle too. i've never had trouble finding parking when i showed up at about 11...but no promises ;)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • image jennlin:
    other options are gasworks park, kerry park, alki beach..those have good views of the space needle too. i've never had trouble finding parking when i showed up at about 11...but no promises ;)

also if you went to gasworks, you could park in the Udistrict and walk along the trail (which I'm sure a lot of people do)

• Thanks girls! I think I will try gasworks. I will let you know how it goes!!