Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New Years Resolutions

Okay, so H and I were talking about this the other night, I normally never do them, but he's always been a fan and we got talking. We came up with 2.

1) Hit our goal weight by next summer. I hate that damn goal cause EVERYONE goes for that effing goal but hey, it's my H and I'll go with it. Sleep

2) Once a month throw an actual dinner party. We have a bunch of cook books and serveware, some newly purchased, inherited, etc, and we want to use it! I am also nostalgic for the times when my grandmothers would cook and the recipes were in their heads. Not many people I know cook like that any more. They reach for a cookbook, which is fine, but I want to become that way. And the best way to learn to is to make that meal over and over and over again!

So that is all we got. What are yours? If you believe in them...

Re: New Years Resolutions

• image BrandyL10:

2) Once a month throw an actual dinner party. We have a bunch of cook books and serveware, some newly purchased, inherited, etc, and we want to use it! I am also nostalgic for the times when my grandmothers would cook and the recipes were in their heads. Not many people I know cook like that any more. They reach for a cookbook, which is fine, but I want to become that way. And the best way to learn to is to make that meal over and over and over again!

that's a cool idea.  I've never really done it, so I don't have any that I've decided on or anything.  But I can resolve to find a friend who will invite me to a dinner party ;) 

I really should exercise, but H and I have such busy schedules with school/work (ie 12+hrs/day sometimes) that we never find the time even though we really do want to work out.  Our apartment even has a mini-gym and we could use the UW IMA for free, so there's really not much of an excuse.  Also, working out really bores me and I think I'd like something like Zumba, but not sure if I want to pay for it...

• Mine are based on weither or not I GKU. I also need to do more research so I know how much I have accomplished this year.

If I am not with Child -

1) Run a full Marathon and run 1,000 miles, save more money

If I am with Child -

Maintain my fitness level and save more money

image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • image karebear219:

Mine are based on weither or not I GKU. I also need to do more research so I know how much I have accomplished this year.

man, I really hope this catches on here on TN

• image amandasw:
    image karebear219:

Mine are based on weither or not I GKU. I also need to do more research so I know how much I have accomplished this year.

LMAO!  It took me a couple tries to figure out what that meant!  

I normally don't do resolutions, but I think I might do a couple this year:

1) Be more active with a combination of gym, dog, half-marathons, and dusting off my tennis racket.

2) Bake more often.  I finally got my Kitchen Aid stand mixer as well as a Cuisinart food processor so I don't have any more excuses!

3) Get back into reading and writing some more.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • image amandasw:
    image karebear219:
    On the bump it's KTFU.  Think that will catch on around here?
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • LOL! KTFU! I like that one more.
  • image CDMay2006:
    image amandasw:
    image karebear219:
    On the bump it's KTFU.  Think that will catch on around here?
    when the time comes, i want to get a shirt that says KTFU.

goal 1) get KTFU

if not, 2) lose weight

3) get a new job

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • I really hate putting "lose weight" on a resolutions list, too, but heck...it needs to be done.  I'd really like to lose 15; I'd be happy with 10.

I'm also challenging myself to clean something in the house every day...even if it's just picking up the dog's toys at the end of the night or making sure the kitchen counter is sparkling clean.  I tend to let stuff pile up and then have to spend 2 or 3 days doing a major cleaning job.

I want to read more.  I read close to 50 books in 2009, and only 17 or 18 in 2010.

I want to spend less time on my computer.  Since I work 40+ hours a week online, and since I'm starting on online class in a couple weeks, that basically means I'll need to cut down on nesting and FBing.

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers