Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Husband grosses me out

2»

Re: Husband grosses me out

• I'm pretty flatulent too- good on you for understanding.

• Hello, my DH and I have been married for 2 years and we've also known eachother for 5 years. My husband has Cystic Fibrosis, I don't know if you are familiar with this disease but the symptoms that your husband has ( serious phlegm and mucous problem) are the same ones my husband was diagnosed with CF when he was 12. I really think your DH should go see a doctor about this because it doesn't sound like asthma, and if it goes untreated it can have some serious consequences to his lungs. On a side note, my husband drinks lots of fluids throughout the day so the phlegm is not thick and chewing gum helps too. Also, why don't you ask him to rinse his mouth before sex so you can kiss him without being grossed out. I know the sound of him coughing up phlegm can be gross, i get grossed out sometimes, but I love my husband no matter what and I've known of his condition since our first date and that didn't stop me from falling in love with him. Go to the doctor and get him checked out, and whatever his condition turns out to be read up everything you can on it, it will help. I wish you the best of luck, and there is no shame in venting once in a while we all need it sometimes.

• Have you suggested garlic pills for the breath?  My husband makes me gag when he sleeps, and he sleeps during the day bc he is on 3rd shift, so I am awake the entire time and try to get snuggle time.. so it's in my face.  Garlic is also good for respiratory health.  I bought it for my husband and it worked the same day.. although I was craving italian food after him smelling like garlic bread, it's not intolerable though.  

Has he had his adnoids checked out?  Maybe it would open him up and he could breathe a little better. 

ALSO run a humidifier, when the body is too dry it creates extra mucus.  I had tons when we first moved to the desert, pretty disgusting, but the humidifier worked.  It's all worth a shot, good luck!