Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

sarahlindsay

I saw what Oscar did to your bumbo chair on fb.    Does he usually do that stuff or was he trying to get attention?

Re: sarahlindsay

• It was a completely isolated incident - I think the issue was that our friends came over briefly, one of whom played with Oscar, and then we left shortly thereafter without him.  We usually give him a treat when we leave, but forgot.  So combine the excitement of visitors with abruptly leaving and he had some, um, energy to get out.

Funny, though - we had a ton of toys laying on a baby blanket in the living room, but he only went for the bumbo.

Blythe, born 6/5/10, and Oscar the dog (not pictured), adopted 11/16/07
  • I got rid of my bumbo when Hannah was around 6-7 months old.   She started arching her back and fell out of it onto our tile floor.  After that happened I never put it in her again.  

Maybe Oscar was looking out for the baby? ;) 

• lol - I will consider it his way of protecting her!  She can sit up for a long time on her own now anyway and has been eating meals in her high chair for a while, so the bumbo is kind of useless.  I remember when you posted about Hannah doing that, so scary!
  • They are a pretty cool idea though and with K I used it much longer.  These two kids are very different and I'm going to have to baby proof like crazy.    After that happened to Hannah, I googled searched and saw that a lot of kids have fallen out of the chair.   Some on the floor and some on tables.

How is work going?

• Work is great, thanks for asking!  I am loving the part-time aspect.