Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What is everyone doing for New Years Eve?

I guess I'm not really that into it this year because I haven't made any plans. But I dont want to sit at home either so I'm trying to figure out what we should do. I kind of feel like someone else should make the plans because I always do all the planning. lol-make sense?

Re: What is everyone doing for New Years Eve?

• We usually don't do anything. This year is our vow renewal, not because it is NYE, but because it was DH's moms bday, she died 13 years ago. For once we have plans and I am super excited for it!
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/izn4lw.jpg[/IMG]

**Crunchy Mama to three girlies and one little guy**

*P 9.2005 * B 11.2007 * M 6.2009 * J 11.2011*
  • We have a wedding to go too. We never do anything because my inlaws usually have plans, so we always have Alissa. But she is coming with us to the wedding.
    photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• Dinner, then nada  just hanging with the kiddos.  I'm not a huge NYE go-out person.
  • DH's group that he bowls with is having a party at the bowling alley. So apparently, I get to stay awake WAY past my bedtime and watch a bunch of people get drunk. Hopefully SOMEONE else there will not be drinking - I can't drink, and I'm not a huge fan of bowling either. It's gonna be a great night.
    Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image luvjon:
    Dinner, then nada  just hanging with the kiddos.  I'm not a huge NYE go-out person.

Probably this.  Maybe Bowling with the kiddos.

• It's our wedding anniversary but we often celebrate early b/c we don't like to deal with the craziness of the holiday. Everywhere is super busy/super expensive & we're not really into the fact that it's "New Year's," we just want to celebrate our anniversary, so we don't mind doing it early/late. We are going out, tonight, actually. NYE we often stay in just the 2 of us (kids are obvs. in bed by then! :) and have a bottle of champagne.
  • We are staying in as a family and doing crab legs and lobster. Typically we have a party but this year decided to keep it just our lil five-some! =)
    Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09
  • We're shooting a wedding ceremony.  Should be quick and simple (since its ceremony only!). Then apparently some of DH's friends/co-workers are coming over after. Pretty low-key since nobody wants to "go out".
  • Thats another thing-the weather is supposed to be bad AND there are going to be a million retards out drinking and driving. Ugh. I'm just not feeling it this year I guess. But I dont want to sit at home either. I know, I'm so logical right now lol.
  • image scpteam20:
    Thats another thing-the weather is supposed to be bad AND there are going to be a million retards out drinking and driving. Ugh. I'm just not feeling it this year I guess. But I dont want to sit at home either. I know, I'm so logical right now lol.

ick. I didnt know about the weather. :/

Get dressed up, and have a fancy dinner at home with DH! 

• Staying home and chilling by myself. Dh is working.
  • Scratch that, I'll be masking myself as a member of summer's family for dinner. Wink
  • We're going to our neighbor's house.  They started organizing that a few years ago because they were going through withdrawls (we all hang out outside all summer long and then we don't see eachother all winter!)  It works out great because we all have kids the same age (except D, but she won't notice) and then we all can walk home!  Plus DH is actually off this year.  :-)

• Going to friends with the kid and this year it's fondue themed.

We're bringing chocolate fondue in an authentic 60's or 70's fondue set from IL's.  We'll be dipping strawberries, bananas and angel food cake, mmmm.

The host is making two kinds of cheese fondue- double yum!

• image RWBsGirl:

We're going to our neighbor's house.  They started organizing that a few years ago because they were going through withdrawls (we all hang out outside all summer long and then we don't see eachother all winter!)  It works out great because we all have kids the same age (except D, but she won't notice) and then we all can walk home!  Plus DH is actually off this year.  :-)

R probably can't pass out in the circle after this party....could get cold.  ;)

• image October30:
    Scratch that, I'll be masking myself as a member of summer's family for dinner. Wink

haha Come on over!!! =)

Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09
  • We never do much exciting...
  • We are going to dinner with 2 other couples and then back to one of their houses for drinks/ games, etc. We are also spending the night there...
    Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • Our anniversary is December 30, so we go out that night traditionally and then stay in on NYE.  We always go to Fleming's - can't wait!!
  • Our friends have a party every year - actually, it's one of my best friend's parents, but they're our friends too.  We just hang out, eat great food, drink, play some games if we feel like it - it's kid friendly (although I don't know where we'll be putting B to sleep, so we'll see what happens) and we'll be doing that again this year!
    Blythe, born 6/5/10, and Oscar the dog (not pictured), adopted 11/16/07
  • My sister invited us over so we may do that. Chances are DH will be working and that's totally fine because we never do anything anyway. I hate dealing with the crazies and honestly, I never figured out what the hype of a new year is. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR! yay. Now what? Exactly
    Holly
  • We'll probably be in bed long before the clock strikes midnight.  I've been exhausted lately and the boys are, without fail, up before 7am.  I have a session the afternoon of the 1st, so I'll have to miss my nap.  LOL.  And then Law's birthday is the 2nd.

• We get a suite at a downtown hotel every year.  We'll eat dinner, then watch the fireworks from our room.  We don't like to go out and party, but it's nice to be able to get away for the night.  It's one of my favorite nights of the year; I always really look forward to it.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH has to work the next day, at 7, so it will be an early night.  He does have Friday off, so we may do a happy hour/dinner and then head home.  I have never been a big NYE person
  • We are going back home and going to bring it in with my parents. We will probably sit around and either watch movies or play games.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We will be at a wedding!

Our Fur-babies!
  • I'm flying solo. Like as in not even having a wing girl, I don't think. I'm planning to have drinks with my aunt and uncle and watching the fireworks. Then I'm planning to stop by a couple different parties. 

I'm both a little excited about the world being my oyster on NYE and a little nervous for how it'll feel at midnight. But like a friend pointed out, why stress about one minute and why start out a new year like that.

So here's to ringing in an awesome 2011!  

• image shannie21:
    image RWBsGirl:

We're going to our neighbor's house.  They started organizing that a few years ago because they were going through withdrawls (we all hang out outside all summer long and then we don't see eachother all winter!)  It works out great because we all have kids the same age (except D, but she won't notice) and then we all can walk home!  Plus DH is actually off this year.  :-)

R probably can't pass out in the circle after this party....could get cold.  ;)

Haha!  Well, we'll be inside this time, so he COULD pass out on their couch!  :-)