Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Stupid WWYD

For the lack of anything better to post about now, would you go get a pedicure with super hairy legs?

I'm talkin like "I haven't shaved in 2 months because I'm getting my legs waxed" kind of hairy. 

Re: Stupid WWYD

• lol ummm  I think I'd feel really bad, but if there was a reason I couldn't do the wax first I'd still go.  But usually I do my own toes unless it's a special occasion, which just means I have to deal with my own hairy legs.

Side note: if my legs were that hairy but I wasn't getting them waxed (like I had just been super lazy) I would shave, but do it at least a whole day or something before.  I still get a little nervous because don't they say you shouldn't have freshly shaved legs because of bacteria etc?

• Nope, probably not.   :)  I would be too embarrassed about my super hairy legs, and any leg massage portion of the pedicure would probably hurt!
  • Ok, I'll spare my nail person and go tomorrow.

I was hoping to get everything done and out of the way today.

• I wish I had something interesting to post about.
  • image amandasw:
    I wish I had something interesting to post about.

LOL. Hairy legs aren't interesting. Big Smile

• image uwhuskygirl:

image amandasw:
    I wish I had something interesting to post about.

LOL. Hairy legs aren't interesting. Big Smile

lol. well that came out all wrong... but I guess if hairy legs can't stir up the board I don't know what will.  I'm guessing people are still in vacation mode and not at work nesting (irony?).

• image amandasw:
      I'm guessing people are still in vacation mode and not at work nesting (irony?).

LOL. Possibly. Big Smile

Although, I'm home on vaca and nesting... I think that makes me lame. 

• Not lame at all! I would love to be home in comfy clothes nesting from the couch :) If you're on vaca, doing almost nothing and/or whatever you feel like doing is perfectly acceptable!

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • image uwhuskygirl:

no, that makes you my new favorite person because we're hanging out! 

PS can you internet hang out?

• image amandasw:
    image uwhuskygirl:

no, that makes you my new favorite person because we're hanging out! 

PS can you internet hang out?

We're doing it right now. Well, not it, but hangin out. Wink

The one little thing that sucks about having Holiday Break is that hardly anyone else I know has it, so I'm home alone... and bored. 

• Well, I work in a lab (grad school) so I pretty much set my own schedule and 75% of the people (including my boss) are gone this week.  This all = low motivation to be here.  At the same time, I always feel a little guilty just not working and I should probably have a little something going to show my boss when he gets back.

If I wasn't here though, I'd be playing with my new cricut!  My parents (read: mom) got me one for Christmas and it was a TOTAL surprise.  I would never have guessed she would get me something like that I and never even thought of buying one. 

• image amandasw:

If I wasn't here though, I'd be playing with my new cricut! 

i LOVE my cricut and and have spent way too much money on it....

wish i was there to hang out with you ladies today!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • oh and to actually answer your question...i never shave my legs...maybe once in may or something when skirt season comes around..but i pretty much never do..but then again, i don't really have much leg hair either. so i'd go into the nail salon with "hairy" legs.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.