Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Question for ladies with curly hair

How do you keep your hair from knotting up when on your back? (or am I the only one?) This is the first time since I was little that my hair has been past my shoulders and I really don't want to cut it. But every time after my husband and I have sex I look like I teased my hair to look like Snooki. Since giving birth missionary is the only position that doesn't hurt or feel awkward for me, so we really can't try other positions. I've tried putting my hair in a bun, which ends up with the rubber band so wrapped up in my hair I have to cut it out.

Any tips?

When life hands you lemons, you throw them back in life's face and say "F*ck you, I want some Orange juice, B!tch! Make it happen!"

[url="http://theadventureswithbaby.blogspot.com/"]The Blog[/url]</br>

Re: Question for ladies with curly hair

• If you want to put it up, I would highly suggest never using a rubberband! That ruins your hair. Get some hair bands.

I usually don't worry so much about what my hair looks like after sex. Usually if it gets pretty messy it means it was some crazy good lovin'.  And I occasionally will wear it down for him, so it gets pretty messy then.

~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• I put mine up in a bun, which works well for me. Are you using actual rubber bands? Because that might be your problem. Rubber bands are awful, especially for curly hair. I would get a really sturdy hairband to use, and try that. Other than that, I would suggest trying a braid. That works even better, I just don't usually braid my hair, and it takes a few more minutes than a bun does.
  • This may sound kinda weird, but I usually just let my head hang back over the edge of the bed. (You have to be kind of at a diagonal or horizontally across the bed for this to work well.)  I have incredibly curly hair that's a little below bra-strap length, and there are no knots or tangles.  Bonus: it opens up your neck and breasts for lots of kissing and, well, whatever else you and DH are into.  Make sure you are still far enough onto the bed that your neck is supported, and don't stay hanging upside down for too long or you will get dizzy.  You can lift your head to look at him or move around a little so it's more comfortable.

I thought I was the only person who thought about things like this! lol

• Satin pillowcases! They have no friction so you can have as much fun as you want without your hair frizzing and snagging because it's getting rubbed all over cotton.

This is my second post about satin pillowcases in two days. Weird :-)

• I agree with the satin pillowcase. Also, if I am wearing my hair up for something sex related, it will be after sex. I love my hair down during sex. I feel sexier in general.

Just get a good slip conditioner (tressemme naturals is good)  and comb through in the shower starting from the bottom up.

• Whoops, by rubber band I mean hair band.
    When life hands you lemons, you throw them back in life's face and say "F*ck you, I want some Orange juice, B!tch! Make it happen!"

• image Jennifer0807:

I agree with the satin pillowcase. Also, if I am wearing my hair up for something sex related, it will be after sex. I love my hair down during sex. I feel sexier in general.

Just get a good slip conditioner (tressemme naturals is good)  and comb through in the shower starting from the bottom up.

That's the part I don't like.

• image elzoejam:

Satin pillowcases! They have no friction so you can have as much fun as you want without your hair frizzing and snagging because it's getting rubbed all over cotton.

Just make sure you don't have superfine hair like me if you go this route! I used to have these on the bed and I shocked everything in reach when all was said and done it got so staticy (staticky? hmm...)

my to-read shelf:
    Alix's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
    34/150
  • I have very long curly hair.  And they may be straight out of the 80s, but scrunchies have never, ever gotten tangled in my hair.  Sure, I don't normally rock one to work during the day.  But they are great for bumming around the house and sleeping in-very comfy! 

I also suggest the braid idea-I usually braid or french braid my hair and wear a scarf or bandana over it, if i don't want it to get super messy and tangled when I sleep.

• A bun doesn't work for me either.  For impromptu sexy time my hair is usually down, but we usually have sex right before bed, and I always put my hair up in a high ponytail before bed.  it works well for me though, because it's up out of the way but not against the pillow like a bun would be.

• image IzziBelle:

I have very long curly hair.  And they may be straight out of the 80s, but scrunchies have never, ever gotten tangled in my hair.  Sure, I don't normally rock one to work during the day.  But they are great for bumming around the house and sleeping in-very comfy! 

I also suggest the braid idea-I usually braid or french braid my hair and wear a scarf or bandana over it, if i don't want it to get super messy and tangled when I sleep.

ITA about the scrunchies! I even have designated sleeping- and traveling-scrunchies. I hate having my hair wrap around  my neck at night or get stuck across my face. Sometimes it even gets stuck in my armpits. Angry

ETA: To answer the OP question, I keep my hair from getting knotted up by either doing it doggy style or me being on top. Wink 

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/mmbdis.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/t6xkxy.jpg[/IMG]
  • Learn to like doggy style! He will like that better.