Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I feel like telling Verona

a lot tonight. Telling Aance not to use her pics and telling salimoo that the picture was disturbing seems pretty uptight.

"If any of you homos call me Verona, I'll kill ya."

Re: I feel like telling Verona

• image Pogs:

a lot tonight. Telling Aance not to use her pics and telling salimoo that the picture was disturbing seems pretty uptight.

I was being sarcastic about the disturbing thing

the pic thing I was serious about---it violates my copyright and threads which direct-post my pics are deleted anyway.  YWIA.

My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • image veronabrit:
    image Pogs:

the pic thing I was serious about---it violates my copyright and threads which direct-post my pics are deleted anyway.  YWIA.

Once again, lighten up, Francis.

• Yeah, someone's in charge of the nuclear overreactor today!

Doesn't she also post pics from other blogs on HER blog? And it's not like Aance was taking credit or making any sort of gain off of her PIP.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • image Pogs:
    image veronabrit:
    image Pogs:

Once again, lighten up, Francis.

OK, well when people take pics of your beautiful child, copy them, and then post them wherever they please, then we can chat :)

• image salimoo:

Yeah, someone's in charge of the nuclear overreactor today!

Doesn't she also post pics from other blogs on HER blog? And it's not like Aance was taking credit or making any sort of gain off of her PIP.

Yes, but I credit pics unless a credit cannot be found for them. I don't knowingly take pics from people's blogs and then post them on internet forums. I don't care if people link to my content.

• image veronabrit:

OK, well when people take pics of your beautiful child, copy them, and then post them wherever they please, then we can chat :)

I think that is a chance you take by putting pics of yourself (or your kid) up for the public to see, copyrighted or not.

Beyond that, to get all pissy with Aance about it is ridiculous. Next thing you know you'll be sending cease and desist orders to her.

• copyright law is no laughing matter.
  • image Pogs:
    image veronabrit:

I think that is a chance you take by putting pics of yourself (or your kid) up for the public to see, copyrighted or not.

Beyond that, to get all pissy with Aance about it is ridiculous. Next thing you know you'll be sending cease and desist orders to her.

Oh yes, I agree it's a "chance you take" but it's also called "breaking the law" and "violating copyright." So just because someone can do it, it doesn't mean it's right.

I actually don't really care if someone takes a pic of a clothing item on a hanger. I only care about pics with myself or other people in them. 

• image veronabrit:
    image salimoo:

Yes, but I credit pics unless a credit cannot be found for them. I don't knowingly take pics from people's blogs and then post them on internet forums. I don't care if people link to my content.

How did she NOT credit you? The post was about YOUR BLOG. I feel like I'm missing something huge here because you cannot possibly be this up in arms about a badly-lit, blown-out picture of a clearance rack vagina shirt being posted.

• image Tambcat:
    copyright law is no laughing matter.

Every time you post, I just love you even more.

• image salimoo:

How did she NOT credit you? The post was about YOUR BLOG. I feel like I'm missing something huge here because you cannot possibly be this up in arms about a badly-lit, blown-out picture of a clearance rack vagina shirt being posted.

• image veronabrit:
    image salimoo:

Yes, but I credit pics unless a credit cannot be foPpund for them. I don't knowingly take pics from people's blogs and then post them on internet forums. I don't care if people link to my content.

yes because clothes and a child are totally equal on the creep factor...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mark 14:52

• image salimoo:
    image veronabrit:
    image salimoo:

Was there a direct link to the photo? Nope, it was a PIP.  Listen, let's not make a bigger deal out of this. I've never even brought this up before today after countless threads have been posted over the last year with my photos in them.  I've been tolerant of it because I didn't realize I had any rights at all to my images.  As Tamb said, copyright law is no laughing matter.

let's move on.

• image Muffin0:
    image veronabrit:
    image salimoo:

Yes, but I credit pics unless a credit cannot be foPpund for them. I don't knowingly take pics from people's blogs and then post them on internet forums. I don't care if people link to my content.

yes because clothes and a child are totally equal on the creep factor...

I guess you missed the 20 other threads over the last year with photos of me in them. 

• image veronabrit:

image Tambcat:

The tone I got from this was more of a joke.

• image Pogs:
    image veronabrit:

image Tambcat:

me too..
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mark 14:52

• image Pogs:
    image veronabrit:

image Tambcat:

It's not a joke---copyright law really is no laughing matter.  Remember this: Mark Zuckerberg settled. Yes, he's a millionaire...but he had to pay those twins out.

• image veronabrit:
    image salimoo:
    image veronabrit:
    image salimoo:

Was there a direct link to the photo? Nope, it was a PIP.  Listen, let's not make a bigger deal out of this. I've never even brought this up before today after countless threads have been posted over the last year with my photos in them.  I've been tolerant of it because I didn't realize I had any rights at all to my images.  As Tamb said, copyright law is no laughing matter.

let's move on.

Indifferent 

Oh dear. I think Tamb was joking. And I have to believe you are too. Because, again, REALLY? This is the battle you pick?

• image salimoo:
    image veronabrit:
    image salimoo:
    image veronabrit:
    image salimoo:

let's move on.

Indifferent 

Oh dear. I think Tamb was joking. And I have to believe you are too. Because, again, REALLY? This is the battle you pick?

I am going to sleep now.  xoxo :) sweet dreams everyone!

• I don't want Aance to go to jail! Crying
  • image 05heel:
    I don't want Aance to go to jail! Crying

We started a ML defense fund. She'll be good to go and represented by a ML lawyer. We've got it covered.

• actually...I think that for any case to be made or for any rights to have been considered infringed,...1.) aance would have had to  profited in some way from the reproduction of the image, therefore reducing the amount of profit enjoyed by Verona. 2.) Verona would have had to have been in some provable way defamed by the posting of the vagina shirt image. 3.) someone somewhere would have to PROVE a legitimate financial, professional or personal burden suffered due to the reproduction of the picture of the vagina shirt, and then reparations determined accordingly...

I don't think the reproduction of the dressing room vagina blouse fits any of these criteria.

if you want to get technical, I think Verona would need to issue a formal (preferably certified) cease and desist letter to aance regarding the reproduction of her copywritten materials...that would be the first step.

Tarnation!

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/963/5279/9635279.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]
  • image EdithBouvierBeale:

actually...I think that for any case to be made or for any rights to have been considered infringed,...1.) aance would have had to  profited in some way from the reproduction of the image, therefore reducing the amount of profit enjoyed by Verona. 2.) Verona would have had to have been in some provable way defamed by the posting of the vagina shirt image. 3.) someone somewhere would have to PROVE a legitimate financial, professional or personal burden suffered due to the reproduction of the picture of the vagina shirt, and then reparations determined accordingly...

I don't think the reproduction of the dressing room vagina blouse fits any of these criteria.

if you want to get technical, I think Verona would need to issue a formal (preferably certified) cease and desist letter to aance regarding the reproduction of her copywritten materials...that would be the first step.

pwned. 

• This thread is both hilarious AND re-re-retarded all in one.

• /dead

at this whole post; I am laughing out loud.  

Copyright law is NO LAUGHING MATTER.  

SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • image EdithBouvierBeale:

actually...I think that for any case to be made or for any rights to have been considered infringed,...1.) aance would have had to  profited in some way from the reproduction of the image, therefore reducing the amount of profit enjoyed by Verona. 2.) Verona would have had to have been in some provable way defamed by the posting of the vagina shirt image. 3.) someone somewhere would have to PROVE a legitimate financial, professional or personal burden suffered due to the reproduction of the picture of the vagina shirt, and then reparations determined accordingly...

Stealing someone's copyrighted material doesn't have to defame them for it to be wrong.  It's still someone else's property and what you do with it and how you use it doesn't really matter---if you haven't been given permission to use it, then it violates copyright, whether you profit from it or not, or whether I am defamed or not. That is why those kinds of threads are removed.  The Nest understands copyright, many people don't.  I used to assume the same thing---that something had to be defamatory or profitable for it to be considered copyright, but I was wrong.

I don't see what the problem is---I am not saying "don't make fun of me" or "don't talk about me" I'm just asking that you link directly to photos and content instead of saving an image and posting it as a PIP.
  • You don't know copyright law.  I do.  I've STUDIED IT.

I like salad bar, I like Despicable Me, tosh 2.0, I like Connect 4, Freedom of Speech, David Fincher, sidewalk, I like 1-800-SLIM, yo mama jokes, strawberry, Wilmer Valmavelma, Leon J. Panetta, ice skating for fun, not to save life. Cheese. Is for mouse. Are you Mick Mouse? WHY DON'T YOU GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP LIKE MICK MOUSE?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Verona, I know that what you really want is more traffic in your site.  Why don't you just come out and say that.

And no, you don't have to "Save the picture then post it here".  What you do is view the link, and attach the picture from the link.  Kinda like what you did with your VS pictures, that are probably copyrighted as well?

What people do in your case is to add some watermark so people would know it's your picture, if you want more publicity to your blog.  Which based on the fact that what you want is people to link to your blog so you'd increase hits, it would be easier to just say that.

Which, of course, you know people won't.  But it's good to dream, no?

• image *moeilyk*:

Verona, I know that what you really want is more traffic in your site.  Why don't you just come out and say that.

And no, you don't have to "Save the picture then post it here".  What you do is view the link, and attach the picture from the link.  Kinda like what you did with your VS pictures, that are probably copyrighted as well?

What people do in your case is to add some watermark so people would know it's your picture, if you want more publicity to your blog.  Which based on the fact that what you want is people to link to your blog so you'd increase hits, it would be easier to just say that.

• image *moeilyk*:

You can always dream, right?