Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

TTC question- would you stop charting?

So it's been a year of TTC.  We used FAM for 4.5 years prior, so I just continued charting when we started trying.  My cycles are regular, and I ovulate monthly, so I'm seeing the Dr. next month for more tests.  Do you think there's any good reason I should keep charting going forward?  I'll admit I'm kind of tired of it, but I'm new to this so I don't know what the best approach is.

Re: TTC question- would you stop charting?

• I stopped after 6 months, but I wasn't ovulating. I think you've done your part, and you can stop.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I know how it is, and I hope you get KU soon!

• My RE told me to stop charting as soon as I got in his office.  I would stop. I kept at it because I was so irregular it drove me crazy never to know if/when I ovulated.  I just didn't tell him I was still doing it ;)
  • And of course, I'm wishing you the best of luck and a BFP very soon!  :)  
  • Thanks!  I shall hold a thermometer-burning ceremony this very evening. :-) It just sucks that I'm so regular.  It makes me a little more sure that there's something wrong.
  • Don't jump to conclusions just yet. It could be something so simple as a horomone imbalance that is easily fixed. I hope it is NBD!
  • You're right.  And I hope it's NBD too. 
  • Im sorry to hear it is taking so long. charting sounds like a drag. I just want to wish you luck! hold open your vagina and i'll powder it with baby dust?
    Tarnation!

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/963/5279/9635279.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]
  • image EdithBouvierBeale:
    Im sorry to hear it is taking so long. charting sounds like a drag. I just want to wish you luck! hold open your vagina and i'll powder it with baby dust?

Lol!  So, do you have Skype? 

• image 05heel:
    Thanks!  I shall hold a thermometer-burning ceremony this very evening. :-) It just sucks that I'm so regular.  It makes me a little more sure that there's something wrong.
    Has your DH been tested at all?  Sperm analysis at least?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Stop. Do you use OPKs at all, or can you tell when ovulation happens? When I quit charting, I would drive myself crazy (ier) because I wouldn't know if we had good timing or not. So maybe back off and just keep track of the sex and ovulation symptoms. And good luck!
    I like salad bar, I like Despicable Me, tosh 2.0, I like Connect 4, Freedom of Speech, David Fincher, sidewalk, I like 1-800-SLIM, yo mama jokes, strawberry, Wilmer Valmavelma, Leon J. Panetta, ice skating for fun, not to save life. Cheese. Is for mouse. Are you Mick Mouse? WHY DON'T YOU GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP LIKE MICK MOUSE?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image EastCoastBride:
    image 05heel:
    Thanks!  I shall hold a thermometer-burning ceremony this very evening. :-) It just sucks that I'm so regular.  It makes me a little more sure that there's something wrong.

This was my question too, sounds like (in my non-expert opinion) unless there's some blockage or something in you that there may be an issue with him.

Obviously, I'm charting, I'm also obsessing, which is pretty unhealthy which is why I'm considering stopping too.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • image EastCoastBride:
    image 05heel:

Not yet.  We'll do that in the next month as part of testing for both of us. Poor guy is less than thrilled.

To Ombligo, I always have tons of ovulation symptoms so that's good.  I may try OPK's, but since I have documented "proof" that I've ovulated every month for the last 5+ years I may just save myself the trouble for now.  Lol   Oh, and congrats on your pregnancy!

• You are welcome.  Now it is your turn. 

(and Pogs - I didn't know you were trying again!  eeeeee!)

What all tests did your doctor do so far?

I like salad bar, I like Despicable Me, tosh 2.0, I like Connect 4, Freedom of Speech, David Fincher, sidewalk, I like 1-800-SLIM, yo mama jokes, strawberry, Wilmer Valmavelma, Leon J. Panetta, ice skating for fun, not to save life. Cheese. Is for mouse. Are you Mick Mouse? WHY DON'T YOU GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP LIKE MICK MOUSE?
  • image Sloane99:

image EastCoastBride:
    image 05heel:

This was my question too, sounds like (in my non-expert opinion) unless there's some blockage or something in you that there may be an issue with him.

Obviously, I'm charting, I'm also obsessing, which is pretty unhealthy which is why I'm considering stopping too.

I'm thinking the same thing, but I have endometriosis so it's possible I may have some kind of blockage.  Who knows.  I also can't decide which would be worse, but I suppose that's not really important to think about. 

In your case, you have my express and unprofessional permission to stop charting.  :-)  And good luck! 

• Oh PS - that was supposed to be a thank you.  Not a you're welcome.  Sometimes I get my mix all worded up.  Durrrrrrrrrrr.
  • i'm an obsessive type, so i charted.  but charting for a year without a pregnancy sounds like it's time to stop driving yourself crazy and talk to your OB.  you have the "evidence" that you've been getting it on at what should be the appropriate time, and so far as i'm aware that's the only other purpose for the charting.

i didn't know you'd been trying for a year.  the world NEEDS an 05baby.  i'm rooting for you.

kiss it, nest.
  • image cvillebetrothed:

i'm an obsessive type, so i charted.  but charting for a year without a pregnancy sounds like it's time to stop driving yourself crazy and talk to your OB.  you have the "evidence" that you've been getting it on at what should be the appropriate time, and so far as i'm aware that's the only other purpose for the charting.

i didn't know you'd been trying for a year.  the world NEEDS an 05baby.  i'm rooting for you.

YES, obsessive is my middle name.  I was on the fence about kids this time last year, but I let my husband talk me into it.  See what happens when people don't listen to me?  Lucky for him I don't feel alive unless I'm obsessing over something, so I won't kill him just yet.

• yes, preparing to get pregnant was like my JOB.  i started all of the getting ready stuff when the husband was overseas, so it was also like my secret lovah taking up all my time.  are you taking prenatals?  i heard/read that the higher levels of the b-series can help.

listen, i feel like this is going to work for you.  in my bones.  soon.

kiss it, nest.
  • Girl, I take prenatals, B6, green tea, Mucinex, some kind of chinese herb, cut out soy, eat organic, and I won't tell you the number of books I've read.  I was kind of enjoying the process until my sworn enemy, my older sister, went and got pg with her 4th.  And my mom rubbed it in that I didn't have any kids.  Now I'm all vengeful and angry and shizz.  Which is something I also enjoy from time to time, but I'm trying to cut back on that.
  • Vengeful hate sex.  Satisfying AND productive.
  • i should've realized when you said "obsessive" you were a kindred spirit and of course would've already considered everything.

i will punch your sister in the face for you, if you'd like.  i'd offer to punch your mom too, but people are weird about their moms.  maybe instead i'll just offer to trip her?  or get the cell phone company to sneak tons of extra, indecipherable charges into her bill?

kiss it, nest.
  • image *Ombligo*:
    Vengeful hate sex.  Satisfying AND productive.

You're my inspiration here, truly.  

• image 05heel:
    Girl, I take prenatals, B6, green tea, Mucinex, some kind of chinese herb, cut out soy, eat organic, and I won't tell you the number of books I've read.  I was kind of enjoying the process until my sworn enemy, my older sister, went and got pg with her 4th.  And my mom rubbed it in that I didn't have any kids.  Now I'm all vengeful and angry and shizz.  Which is something I also enjoy from time to time, but I'm trying to cut back on that.

This is me exactly, except substitute Mom with FIL that keeps asking when we're going to have kids. You have my sympathies and understanding. We've been trying since October 2009. With my temp drop this morning looks like we weren't successful this month either so clearly I'm in a great mood today.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!