Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Got my Tempos...hello thunder thighs

I have thunder thighs and a puffy butt in them. My new motivation to run is to look better in my new running shorts :)
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/258tto1.png[/IMG]

Re: Got my Tempos...hello thunder thighs

• Got mine today, too! :) They match my marathon jacket perfectly, though it's an odd pairing. :)

• sad face. I didn't get mine.
    http://lifeisbeachykeenblog.wordpress.com
  • I got my super clearance Chicago Marathon shirt today--woo!

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • image StingShark425:
    sad face. I didn't get mine.

I placed two separate orders within minutes of each other. One was for the super discount tempos (those are the ones that came today) and the other was for another pair of tempos that were $2 more (better colors) plus a pair of running tights. The second order hasn't even shipped yet...and it's the running tights I was most anticipating.

• I can't run in them.  I love them for non running days though.  
  • image Mrs Manners:

image StingShark425:

I placed two separate orders within minutes of each other. One was for the super discount tempos (those are the ones that came today) and the other was for another pair of tempos that were $2 more (better colors) plus a pair of running tights. The second order hasn't even shipped yet...and it's the running tights I was most anticipating.

I ordered tights, too. Did you get the cable-knit ones, or another kind? I'm hoping to get mine before Saturday when we do a long run!

• image GRKaters:
    image Mrs Manners:

image StingShark425:

I ordered tights, too. Did you get the cable-knit ones, or another kind? I'm hoping to get mine before Saturday when we do a long run!

I called them tights...I think they are technically just running capris. It was THESE.

• I came home today and mine were here too! I love them!
    Just another day in never never land. Photobucket
  • image Mrs Manners:
    image GRKaters:
    image Mrs Manners:

image StingShark425:

I called them tights...I think they are technically just running capris. It was THESE.

Ooh I love the back zipper!

• I got mine too...they are pretty fug color-wise, but whatever. They will be like my emergency ugly underwear when all my good ones are dirty. I'll call them "laundry day" running shorts. Stick out tongue
  • OH boy I'm excited! ACcording to UPS mine should be here today!
  • I also ordered one pair of the super cheap ones and one pair of the $2 more expensive ones.  The super cheap ones shipped immediately, and the other pair has not shipped yet.  So annoying!
    Otto
    My (New! Improved!) Blog

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• How do the tempos fit everyone?? I've never worn them before, and I ordered a M because I'm a solid medium in pretty much every article of clothing ever invented. (Size 6/8) My tempos fit perfectly at the waist but they're SO poofy that I look like I have no butt - and I'm a ghetto booty kinda girl! I don't think it's super attractive, or maybe I'm just not used to the style because most of my running bottoms are skin-tight.

I'm considering returning them for a size S. Should I??

Kate (& Mark!)

[img]https://sites.google.com/site/hfbadges/home/26point2.png?attredirects=0[/img]
  • image phatkat811:

How do the tempos fit everyone?? I've never worn them before, and I ordered a M because I'm a solid medium in pretty much every article of clothing ever invented. (Size 6/8) My tempos fit perfectly at the waist but they're SO poofy that I look like I have no butt - and I'm a ghetto booty kinda girl! I don't think it's super attractive, or maybe I'm just not used to the style because most of my running bottoms are skin-tight.

I don't think they're necessarily meant to be flattering, but I find them very functional.  They're a little poofy (and I have a bubble butt anyway) but I'm not wearing them to look skinny, I'm wearing them because they're comfy to run in.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • image HoosierTerp:
    I can't run in them.  I love them for non running days though.  

Same here :) I actually wear mine over my tights for winter running for a little extra warmth/jiggle hiding. 

good to know you all got your orders - mine should be here today then! 

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Just got mine, whhee!! As soon as the Dr leaves, I'm trying them on. Big Smile
  • image HoosierTerp:
    I can't run in them.  I love them for non running days though.  

Ditto this.  If I try to run in them, my thighs eat them IndifferentTongue Tied

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/w1pqfa.jpg[/IMG] <BR>
    2010 Houston Aramco Half Marathon 2:27:06-1st Half
    2010 Seawall Half Marathon 2:27:47 <BR>
    2012 Houston Aramco Half Marathon 1/15/2012 2:29:06 :(
    <BR>
    Upcoming races & events:
    Muddy Girl- 3/25/2012
    Rungirl 13.1 Relay 12/9/12
  • I love my Tempos, but they are super puffy in the crotch as opposed to the butt on me.  Weird, yes, but they get the job done. :)
    imageimageimage
    28/60............................ ........................1/5
    {Bringing Home a Baby Gnome - Our Adoption Blog}
    {Gnome on the Run - A Running Blog}
  • image IndyGirl02:
    image phatkat811:

How do the tempos fit everyone?? I've never worn them before, and I ordered a M because I'm a solid medium in pretty much every article of clothing ever invented. (Size 6/8) My tempos fit perfectly at the waist but they're SO poofy that I look like I have no butt - and I'm a ghetto booty kinda girl! I don't think it's super attractive, or maybe I'm just not used to the style because most of my running bottoms are skin-tight.

I don't think they're necessarily meant to be flattering, but I find them very functional.  They're a little poofy (and I have a bubble butt anyway) but I'm not wearing them to look skinny, I'm wearing them because they're comfy to run in.

This!  They aren't the most flattering, but they're super comfy and have never, ever ridden up on me during a race.

• image MrsBrownsFan:
    I also ordered one pair of the super cheap ones and one pair of the $2 more expensive ones.  The super cheap ones shipped immediately, and the other pair has not shipped yet.  So annoying!

My more expensive ones shipped today along with the running capris.

• image IndyGirl02:
    image phatkat811:

But I run faster when I look cute. :)

I kept them rather than deal with returning them, and wore them to circuit training class today. They're a little more tolerable when they're rolled once or twice. They are quite functional and comfy. I caught sight of myself in the mirror and I seriously looked (to me) like i had bird legs. Since I'm actually pretty curvy and I usually feel like a fata$$ next to the skinny trophy wives at the gym, I wasn't quite sure how to feel about that!

Kate (& Mark!)

[img]https://sites.google.com/site/hfbadges/home/26point2.png?attredirects=0[/img]