Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Runners-How often do you buy new sneakers?

Ive had mine since July and Im thinking of getting new ones in March. Did know if there was a guide you followed. Thanks!
2011 Race Schedule! 2/20/11-Flat 5k Foxboro-28:10 3/5/11-Irish 5k Pawtucket-26:57 PR!!!! 3/19/11-St.Pats 5k Providence-26:59 7/4/11-Harvard Pilgrim 10k Foxboro-1:00:00 Instant PR!! 8/7/11-Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon Providence-2:11:07 Instant PR! 10/10/11-Tufts 10k for Women Boston-????

Re: Runners-How often do you buy new sneakers?

• I think the general guideline is every 400-500 miles.

I am tough on shoes and am lucky to get 350 out of mine.

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Every 300 miles or so. I have two pairs i alternate and i use them for about 5-6 months and then get new ones. While i dp track mileage, i can feel when theyre ready to be retired.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • image al320:
    Every 300 miles or so. I have two pairs i alternate and i use them for about 5-6 months and then get new ones. While i dp track mileage, i can feel when theyre ready to be retired.

This exactly.

• thanks!!
    2011 Race Schedule! 2/20/11-Flat 5k Foxboro-28:10 3/5/11-Irish 5k Pawtucket-26:57 PR!!!! 3/19/11-St.Pats 5k Providence-26:59 7/4/11-Harvard Pilgrim 10k Foxboro-1:00:00 Instant PR!! 8/7/11-Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon Providence-2:11:07 Instant PR! 10/10/11-Tufts 10k for Women Boston-????
  • I don't wear sneakers when I run.  ;)
    image image
  • When my knees start bothering me. I had about 400 miles on my pair (from May to September). I wore them out! I used them for training and then bought a new pair to run the marathon in.
  • I find that I need to replace mine every 250-300ish miles.

I get a special kind of discomfort/pain on the insides of my ankles when my shoes start to get old.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • every 300 miles.

thing is... I can't pitch the old ones

• I'm on my third pair in the past year. Usually, before marathon training (and the increased distance I've maintained since then), I would go through 2 pair per year.

• image Shake N Bake:

every 300 miles.

thing is... I can't pitch the old ones

I wear the old ones as regular sneakers after I start a new pair.

• 300 miles, which usually winds up being every three months.
  • 400 miles for me. i keep the last "used" pair as regular sneakers for running around in. all the older pairs get donated (my running store has a collection bin and sends them off every few months)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just replaced mine for the first time since starting to run.  I had about 300 or so miles on them.  I started tripping in them and knew it was time for a new pair.
  • my online shoe manager is set to remind me to replace shoes at 350 miles.  usually, I'm up to 400 miles before they actually get replaced.  I also have a problem throwing them away. 
  • I think I need to replace mine (the first pair I bought when I started seriously running in Feb.), and they have between 250 and 300 miles.  My feet are starting to hurt on longer runs, so I'm going to get fitted soon and start rotating in the new shoes.  I'm kind of surprised they didn't last longer than that, but I'm not going to potentially injure myself, lol.
    imageimageimage
    28/60............................ ........................1/5
    {Bringing Home a Baby Gnome - Our Adoption Blog}
    {Gnome on the Run - A Running Blog}