Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AW- I finally invaded "that" part of the gym!

Seriously, it's ridiculous that it took me this long. I'm a little behind on NROL4W, so I finally did my third workout A of stage one. As some of you may remember, I used the smith machine for my first workout for squats. I knew I shouldn't have, but I was so intimidated. I was too embarrassed to make my way to the squat rack for my second workout A, so I did my squats at home and then went to the gym. I am such a wuss. Today the squat rack was empty and actually had bars on it ready to go at the right height. I did it! I went over like I owned the place and did my set!

All the other equipment I use is at the front of the gym except the squat rack. It's deep in man territory and usually has some man hanging off of it doing something crazy looking. I am glad I got that over with. I feel much more confident now!

I've gotten very good at my prone jackknife. I finished a set this morning and stood up to find a woman staring at me with her mouth hanging open. I was pretty proud of myself. She motioned to me as she was talking to the man she was working out with. I kind of felt like a badass. 

Re: AW- I finally invaded "that" part of the gym!

• Yay!! That is such an awesome feeling...
  • Show those boys whose boss!  My college boyfriend was a weightlifter, so I got accustomed to the man zone real quick.  At rush hour, which I barely frequent the gym during, it can still be very intimidating!  I go at 8am when the man zone is practically empty, and it boosts my confidence to know I'm just as savvy to the equipment as them. 

I hope you keep it up!  Yes

"I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind..."
    imageimageimage
    Recent Races:
    Chicago Half Marathon 9/11/11: 1:58:11 (PR)
    Race for the Cure 10k, Chicago 9/24/11: 51:52 (PR)
    ING New York City Marathon 11/6/11: 4:13:16 (PR)