October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Peace Out 2010 (Poll)

What's one thing that makes you glad this year is almost over?

What's one thing that makes you excited for 2011?

My answers:

#1- 2010 was insane and I am still searching for some sense of normalcy.

#2- Hopefully (finally) having or at least conceiving the baby we have been trying for through all of 2010.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
Surprise! The Sequel is due 12.8.14!

Re: Peace Out 2010 (Poll)

• 1) I loved 2010! I never want it to end. I went to Vegas with my mom and sister, went on Honeymoon, had an awesome birthday, our 1st anniversary, got to spend the most time with my sister that i've had in years, did several awesome road trips, lost weight. All in all it was a banner year

2) So far the thing in 2011 I am looking the most forward to is going to Vegas with the Mr. He's never been and it should be a blast.

Photobucket
  • What's one thing that makes you glad this year is almost over?

This year really doesn't stand out to me. There were a lot of changes...some I am still getting used to. Overall, it wasn't my favorite year. 

I am looking for a fresh start, I am hoping next year will be "my" year and good things will happen (like a job!) 

This year has been one of the most difficult years in all of my life. There were so many deaths of close loved ones, financial struggles, job problems, a huge move away from all of our loved ones, family struggles, and the list goes on and on. I could not be happier that this year is over.

DH and I seem to be getting more settled. Most of the above mentioned has been resolved or is at least getting better. Its still hard to be away from our family and friends but at least now we are making new friends, have steady jobs, finances are better, ect. Things finally seem to be moving in a good direction so I am hoping that this year is a much more fun and peaceful one for us. Hopefully all that crap is behind us and this can be a new and better year for us. I am actually excited to see what this year holds - it feels like we can only go up from here. 

• 1. 2010 was a pretty good year. My lil man turned 1 in Feb, went to a few Nascar races, welcomed my lil nephew (born in May), had our 1 yr anniversary, and I am really looking forward to Christmas (now that Jaiden can open presents).

2. 2011- My baby will be 2, the joys of starting potty training, and the possibilty of trying for baby #2 by the end of the yr.

Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 1. 2010 wasn't too bad except for the extra stress at work. DH and I got to spend an awesome weekend away for our anniversary as well as spending some other long weekends together.

2. I can't wait for 2011 because my car will be paid off in February and then we can focus on getting rid of some credit cards. We have trip to Hilton Head planned for April. The one other thing that I am looking forward to is, after a lot of talking, this summer we will start trying to have a baby.

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt163163.aspx[/img][/url]
  • 1. 2010 was a year of huge growth for DH and I together.  We went through so much together, and it's only made us stronger as one.  I'm excited to see what the new year will bring for us!

2.  I'm most excited to meet our daughter in January!! Then a good friend of mine is getting married in April, so that will be a great time.  Naturally, the NKOTBSB tour has me all pumped up Big Smile .  Then we found out on Thanksgiving that SIL's boyfriend asked permission from MIL & FIL to propose...so that will make for a very exciting time!!

It's been a pretty good year and I can't say that I'm dying for it to be over.  I think probably the more tedious part about this year is doing all the home improvement projects at our house and DH's parents house.  

What's one thing tha tmakes youe excited for 2011?

LOTS of things.  Mainly house stuff.  Our condo has to sell in 2011, which means we'll be getting our first house.  Depending on how quickly this all turns around, we could possibly even be TTC by the end of the year.  DH's parents are also putting their house on the market in January, and I can't wait to bring them to the better health facilities on this side of the city.  We can't wait to see the better level of care offered to them.  I think it will make all the difference. 

I also can't wait for my last two masters classes which will be offered in April.  I've been waiting six months for these courses to be scheduled, which essentially has my degree in limbo.  After I get my masters, better and better-paying jobs should start opening up for me. 

• Whats one thing that makes you glad this year is almost over?

2010 was a tough one on a lot of levels.  We had 3 deaths in my family - two within 2 weeks of eachother - and all were people who I cared very much about.  That was rough.  Add to that the stress put on our marriage by my husbands dalliances and I am happy to put 2010 behind me.  

Whats one thing that makes you excited for 2011

My sister and brother in law should be having their kiddo in early April if all continues to go well and I'm super excited about that.  If things continue to go well with DH's counseling, we *might* consider TTC after the holiday hullabaloo dies down.  Basically it can't get much worse than 2010 was and that, in itself, makes me excited for 2011! 

• image wittyschaffy:

Whats one thing that makes you glad this year is almost over?

2010 was a tough one on a lot of levels.  We had 3 deaths in my family - two within 2 weeks of eachother - and all were people who I cared very much about.  That was rough.  Add to that the stress put on our marriage by my husbands dalliances and I am happy to put 2010 behind me.  

My sister and brother in law should be having their kiddo in early April if all continues to go well and I'm super excited about that.  If things continue to go well with DH's counseling, we *might* consider TTC after the holiday hullabaloo dies down.  Basically it can't get much worse than 2010 was and that, in itself, makes me excited for 2011! 

Witty, I have been thinking about you guys, but didn't think it was appropriate to ask.   Thanks for the update on your husband - I'm glad that counseling is helping!  And to be helping enough to be thinking about TTC?  Awesome.   I'm glad things are working out. 

I'll stop hearing people say "oh-ten" instead of "twenty-ten" or just "ten."  It makes my skin crawl.  I really hope people don't say "oh-11."  That would really be awful. 

Not much so far, actually.  My work's busy season is approaching (Jan - Mar) and our vacation for 2011 is being consumed by my sister's destination wedding which I'm not too excited about.  Hers is one of 4 weddings we're already lined up for in 2011... when will these weddings end?!  I guess my goal for 2011 is to save as much money as possible and pay off as much of our debt as possible.  Maybe then I can entertain the idea of possibly some day having a family.  Exciting, huh? :(

Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • image Karen2905:
    image wittyschaffy:

Whats one thing that makes you glad this year is almost over?

Witty, I have been thinking about you guys, but didn't think it was appropriate to ask.   Thanks for the update on your husband - I'm glad that counseling is helping!  And to be helping enough to be thinking about TTC?  Awesome.   I'm glad things are working out. 

Yeah, that is a tough subject to bring up.  :)  Things are indeed going well. Not going to say that every day is rainbows and puppies of course, but I'm no longer quite as stressed out about him falling back into old habits.  He's scaling back from seeing his therapist once a week to every other with hopes that by Jan 1, he'll only be in "as needed".     That puts  a good 4 months of work under our belts and that just seems like a good benchmark for some reason.  There will be days where things are easier and there are still days where I'm totally sad about what happened but on the whole, things are looking better.

• 1. I am actually dreading this year ending because I have to go back to work on Jan 5th and I dont want to leave my little man. I have little interest in being a SAHM, but I wish I could bring him to work with me. We also had to put our dog down this past weekend, so I am looking forward to time passing so it will get a bit easier :(

2. DH and I have big hopes for 2011. We are planning to buy a house and I am hoping to start my grad program so I can move forward with my library career.  We are also planning a trip to New Orleans as our first family vacation since I will be going for this years ALA conference...and of course we will have a ton of milestones with Liam :).

I can't think of anything.  It's been a good year: We both received raises this year after 2 years of freezes, I'm still trotting along in my program, we live a pretty cushy life. 

Maybe we can move this year?  We'll see if house hunting is in the picture. 

Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • 1.  2010 was so hectic and stressful for all the ridiculous reasons.  I will be glad to put that all behind me!

2.  I am SOOOO looking forward to meeting out son, Colby in early March!  It will be a great way to start the year.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    2010 wasn't bad at all; we adopted a dog, we moved backed to St. Louis, found a nice home to rent and possibly buy in the near future, and we're expecting! 

The beginning of each year is always exciting because it's like a clean slate, you know?  I'm looking forward to June for the arrival of our baby, H's job is going really well and I would like to see it open some new doors, and here's to winning the lottery! haha

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/1zwn53q.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/t6umh2.jpg[/IMG]

2010 wasn't really a standout year.  No big moves, DH hated his job.  I mostly feel like we languished without any real goals.

I'm mostly excited for DH.  He gave notice at his job from you-know-where last week and his last day is in a few weeks.  He'll start a new job and a new MBA program in January, so at least one of us has some direction.  Maybe 2011 will be the year I get my act together...

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • What's one thing that makes you glad this year is almost over? this year was a bust as far as a teaching job goes, so I am excited to put that behind me

What's one thing that makes you excited for 2011? I am going to learn spanish as my resolution and I am super excited. I always keep my resolutions and i am so PUMPED about this! I teach students who have been in the country less than 3 yrs and a lot of them speak spanish. They said they would help me :)

Meet Moses, one of my many babies!
    Photobucket
    My Blog!
  • This year has been full of highs and lows. Getting the house was great, but it was 145 days of nail biting, on-the-edge-of-your-seat stress. Gramma died, my cat died.....issues at work...I feel like my soul has just been battered; like I could sleep for days.

This year I'm looking forward to (fingers crossed) a 'nothing' kind of year. I'll skip the highs to void the lows and just settle in to the house, gain some stability at work, and find more time for myself. 

Here's to 2011!

2010 was just okay. We bought a house, which is great and I got a new job with more promotion potential, but I still feel like something's missing.  I sometimes think my expectations are just too high!

Just a chance to set some new goals! We're gonna be paying off some CC debts, which will be great.

Photobucket