Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Morning Wonderful Nesties

Happy Monday!!!   (Happy Cyber Monday?)

Man, my weekend kicked my butt!  Hosting two separate days of Thanksgiving is a lot.  It was fun, and it was worth doing, but my oh my was it a lot to do!

Thursday I had friends over, it was a nice Thanksgiving day with everyone bringing food.  Friday was my family Thanksgiving - my sister and I cooked the bulk of the food, and it went great too.  Then Saturday my LS came over and we put up my fake Christmas tree....  and Sunday I finished putting my house back in order, and prepared turkey stuff for freezing.

It was a great weekend, but OMG am I tired!

How was your weekend?

Re: Good Morning Wonderful Nesties

• We had a good weekend. We stayed in downtown Seattle Saturday so we could enjoy the city all dressed up for the holidays.

I hardly worked at all last week so it was very hard to come in today. Plus I have a ton to do so I'd better get to it! Have a great day everyone.

• i had an AMAZING weekend. since i got to work early on friday, i left early and got the weekend started on a good foot. i promised myself absolutely no working during the weekend and i succeeded. woooo!

wednesday night we went to amber in belltown. they were having a pre-thanksgiving event with free food/drinks, and we had a GOOD (almost too good) time there. turns out my cousins bff, who i've known my entire life is the bartender there! yay special treatment! :)

i had a pretty mellow thanksgiving since both my inlaws and my parents don't really care for the holiday (or the food), so we ended up joining a friends family for dinner, and that was great.

then H went midnight shopping with some friends while i cuddled up my friend and her son watching christmas cartoons...until we passed out at 10pm. lol.

friday we went to see the disney movie "tangled", and it was GOOD. we thoroughly enjoyed it...the rest of the weekend was just filled with friends, good food, and good times. this week will be hard!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Happy Monday!

It was a nice fun weekend on our homestead. I did Thanksgiving here and everything was great, then Friday I met up with my dad and we went to do a little black friday shopping/ snooping around. Saturday was a nice low key day for Dh and I just hanging around the house and relaxing. Then yesterday we went to get our tree and came home to get it set up and decorated. It was lots of fun though either way and i'm kind of sad to see the weekend gone already.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • My weekend was nice. I had to work on Friday.

Saturday - I cleaned the house, went for a run, and met up with my parents for a couple of hours.

Sunday - I went to a wedding. It was a really awkward one. I was surrounded by people who I worked with close to 10 years ago. Everyone recognized me, but a lot of people I didn't recognize. There was also an ex boyfriend there and H couldn't go with me because he had to work, so I took a good friend instead. There was also an issue with some relationship drama with the ex of a good friend and she was there with the guy she cheated on him with. So much drama, but I made the best of it and I am really happy for the couple that got married. I love them very much. Seeing them happy was worth the awkwardness.

image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Happy Monday!

I had a really good weekend...just wish it were longer.  Smile

Thursday, we had dinner with some friends at their place.  I provided stuffing and pies.  Friday, we were lazy and stayed at home all day, just hanging out, playing games, and watching TV.  It was wonderful. 

Saturday, we put up the Christmas tree, and then we went downtown to some other friends' apartment for a "post-Thanksgiving" meal.  There was so much yummy Asian food!!  They also reserved their apartment building's "movie theater" for all of us, which was fun.  Sunday, was another relatively lazy day with football and playing the Wii with DH.

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My computer broke (5th time in < 3 years!) so i had to spend hours at frys getting that sorted out and getting a loaner to borrow (extended warranties are good for folks with bad luck!) and failed to get pretty much anything done on my papers.

Aside from that, though, i had a good, busy weekend filled with friends and family.  We also went to our 10 yr HS reunion (we graduated together) -- i hadn't expected people to change much, but i did expect them to have grown up more than they had.  It was fun, though, and free (we paid for drinks), so nothing lost :)

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)