Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

In A Sex Slump...

I feel like a terrible wife. DS is almost 10 months old and I still have a hard time getting into the mood. I am EXHAUSTED! I work full time and do the majority of the housework. By the end of the day I am ready to pass out. Sexy time is next to nonexistant. Not to mention that we don't do anything when AF is around and thanks to my IUD it's almost 2 weeks long...so my questions are:

1) Does anyone else still feel like this?

2) How can I get myself out of this slump?

I find that I am saying NO a lot more often and it is just about killing DH. He feels hurt and rejected, as he should! I would feel the same way if I were him...I hate that I do that...so help me out please! Thanks.

Re: In A Sex Slump...

• First of all, ain't nothing wrong with sex on your period.  The fact that you don't shag when Aunt Flo is in town significantly cuts down on the amount of time available for sexing.  That's kind of silly.

Hire a housecleaner.  Take a day off work.  Send the baby to the in-laws, and get a hotel room for the night.  Quite frankly, with all that you do, I'm not surprised that you're not interested in having sex -- your brain and energy are already spoken for by everything else.

Or, you could say yes when he wants it, whether you feel like it or not.  I've found that when I do that, I usually end up getting in the mood myself, even when I didn't think I could.  Funny how that works :) 

• I know some people find it gross to do it when AF is in town, but you're more sensitive down there, well lubricated, and tighter. It can actually be a lot better if you get over the mess.

I think the biggest issue here is that you do most of the housework. Why can't DH help you out? It's really unfair of him to expect you to do all of that and want to have sex with him on a regular basis. We're in the 21st century now. If you can work a full time job, he can help with some of the housework.