October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

baby talk

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Hubby and I stopped in to visit his grandparents yesterday since we won't be seeing them for Thanksgiving and we wanted to talk to them about them hosting Christmas Eve.  They are not in great health anymore and we wanted to offer to go over early and be their worker bees for the day to help cook and get set up because hosting Christmas for 20 some people is a ton of work but they insist on hosting.  (Why nobody else has offered before now, I'll never understand but that is a whole other issue) 

We walked in and they excitedly asked "so - do you have good news for us?"  I looked at them kinda funny and said "nooo, what were you expecting to hear?"  They thought we were coming over to tell them that we were expecting!  Every time we go over to visit, they ask and not very subtly.  I get that they're excited about a future great grandchild and that hubby and I are the most likely candidates to produce said great grandchild in the near future but for goodness sakes - give it a rest! 

I'm trying to find the humor in it but for all they know, we could have been trying for a year without luck.  I'd love to give a sassy response and would do it if it was a friend or even someone in my immediate family but I just can't do that to them.  We try to put them off by smiling and telling them that if there is something to share, we certainly don't plan on keeping them in the dark.  I hate feeling like I'm under a microscope.  lol  I guess I just need to come to terms with this being the "new normal"

Re: baby talk

• I feel your pain!  H & I do not want kids.  Ever.  We've never made this a secret to anyone that asks, especially our families.  However, my mom and both of H's parents will NOT let it go.  I'm so sick of having to explain our reasons for our decision.  I know this is a little different than your situation since you do want kids at some point, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

We've gotten to the point where we just flat out tell them "let it go cuz it ain't happenin'"!  hehe

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • We already have 1, and we keep getting asked when are we having the next one. I tell them over and over again that we will not be trying for another one until Jaiden is out of diapers and in daycare part-time. Right now Jaiden comes with me to work and there is no way that I am having 2 kids here.
    Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I get asked all the time.....first I didn't mind. But now it feels like it is expected that we have a baby soon. I keep being told that I am next in line to have a baby. We aren't trying and I just don't want people to think there is another reason as to why we aren't having a baby. We just aren't ready, financially.
  • I've been getting this a lot from my mother, who KNOWs we're not ready and who 4 months ago was really upset about turning 50.  I guess now that she feels old, she wants the whole package, grandchildren included.

DH's family hasn't said anything on the subject, but I'm sure that when we see my Dad's entire side of the family at Christmas, we'll be hearing a lot of it.

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • image wittyschaffy:

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Hubby and I stopped in to visit his grandparents yesterday since we won't be seeing them for Thanksgiving and we wanted to talk to them about them hosting Christmas Eve.  They are not in great health anymore and we wanted to offer to go over early and be their worker bees for the day to help cook and get set up because hosting Christmas for 20 some people is a ton of work but they insist on hosting.  (Why nobody else has offered before now, I'll never understand but that is a whole other issue) 

We walked in and they excitedly asked "so - do you have good news for us?"  I looked at them kinda funny and said "nooo, what were you expecting to hear?"  They thought we were coming over to tell them that we were expecting!  Every time we go over to visit, they ask and not very subtly.  I get that they're excited about a future great grandchild and that hubby and I are the most likely candidates to produce said great grandchild in the near future but for goodness sakes - give it a rest! 

I'm trying to find the humor in it but for all they know, we could have been trying for a year without luck.  I'd love to give a sassy response and would do it if it was a friend or even someone in my immediate family but I just can't do that to them.  We try to put them off by smiling and telling them that if there is something to share, we certainly don't plan on keeping them in the dark.  I hate feeling like I'm under a microscope.  lol  I guess I just need to come to terms with this being the "new normal"

This would be me.  Crying  Thankfully, our families both know we've been trying and not succeeding, so they're pretty sensitive to it. They do ask "how things are going" sometimes, but I'm starting to notice less of that. Guess they're tired of hearing the same sad answer.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Surprise! The Sequel is due 12.8.14!