Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

at work.....booooooo

and the only way i had to get here was to have H drop me off...and he works at 6am, so here i am...5:30 starting the day.....

who's miserable with me?

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: at work.....booooooo

• sucker.

I'm wfh again. Big Smile

• i rely on paper for work..which is silly..so i did as much as i could w/o paper yesterday..and today i have to all the 2nd half and kill a tree all at once....

• Technically you could walk home if you needed to, right?

Just be safe today. 

I'm watching the news now and they're saying that we may get a little more snow this afternoon.

• yeah, it's a 35 minute walk in regular conditions...icy will probably take a little bit longer..but if nobody has bothered to salt the ice walks and i might be able to sit on my butt and slide down 164th st.....just wouldn't be able to get back up the other side.

• You should keep an emergency sled at work.
  • That was me yesterday! I got to work at 6am and had to cover for my ENTIRE TEAM who didn't show up. Sadly, we don't have the ability to WFH. It was long, and lonely, and getting up at 4:15 was not fun. Hope your day goes by quick, be safe getting home!

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • I am with you too. For the second day in a row I am the only one at the office. My boss did not make it in yesterday and eventually sent me home, via phone. Not sure where anyone is today either. Funny thing is that all of us that work in the office have 4WD and live within a 5 mile radius of the office. And YET I was the only one who made it in. And the only girl...the big burly boys did not make it.

Skate to work....One year when I was a kid we had a really bad winter and I remember ice skating to school with all of my friends for like a week. It was CO and the schools never closed back then....you know what I tell my kid "I skated to school in below zero temperatures..up hill...BOTH ways." Wink 

• oh i'm definitely not a morning person and was not happy about waking up this morning.

there's a couple (4 or so) people here..but we do have the ability to WFH so hopefully i won't be covering anybody today.

i have a $10 cash back coupon thingy that expires today at kohls...i need to go shopping... =P

• image Lucky7's:

"I skated to school in below zero temperatures..up hill...BOTH ways." Wink 

this is awesome in about a million different ways.

• I didn't get any snow days :( Boooo. I just happened to get some studded snow tires Monday morning. Perfect timing.
    Photobucket
  • Jennlin, I bet you could find a sled or skates or skiis or something at Walmart.  Smile

Or, if push comes to shove...DH is at work, and he's a Colorado boy.  He could probably get you home if you want to go find him.

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image avila01:

Or, if push comes to shove...DH is at work, and he's a Colorado boy.  He could probably get you home if you want to go find him.

aww, thanks that is so sweet of you!! h said he is having no problems on the road....we got him new tires last year so i think this is why, whereas my tires are about 4 years old.

but you are super duper sweet and i appreciate this a lot! major hugs to you Right Hug