Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Have you gone to the Rack?

If you've been to The Rack lately, how was it? What did you buy? I'm wondering if it's more crowded than usual... or, if they are stocked and staffed to the max because of groupon. I'm scared it will be slim pickins and long lines.
Newlyweds since 2007

Re: Have you gone to the Rack?

• i went the day after the groupon...but i went at 7am for an employee-only shopping exclusive (i'm not an employee, just got invited to tag along) so it wasn't too busy at the time! i heard everyone talking about it though, and they were predicting long lines, and inventory flying out. apparently every employee was "oncall" for that weekend...i haven't been since.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • I was supposed to go there and lunch on Monday with a friend. Needless to say, that didn't happen.

I'm hoping that if I go during the day, during the week it won't be as bad. 

Even if it is slim pickings I figure I can just stock up on things like tights and other basics. 

• The Rack is always hit or miss, and busy when everyone can make it there! Its on my way home, and I work odd hours so I usually just stop in for 20 min. when I get a chance around 2 or 3 on a weekday. I never go on weekends!

I was also planning on just using it to stock up on socks, bras, undies, whatever if I didn't come across something awesome, without looking long. I can't stand to rummage through stores like that very long. I look for 10 minutes, and then I'm done.

• We went to the Factoria location last weekend - it was kind of busy, but not as busy as I've seen in the past. I bought a couple of bras, but they had awesome deals on most everything. Of course, we get a discount (and there was a "house party" that day for the Racks, so we got 33% off that day), so it's even better. LOL Anyway, I'd go back, because there was a lot of accessory type stuff, bath stuff, jewelry, watches, etc. Tons to choose from! :)
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image jennlin:
    i went the day after the groupon...but i went at 7am for an employee-only shopping exclusive (i'm not an employee, just got invited to tag along) so it wasn't too busy at the time! i heard everyone talking about it though, and they were predicting long lines, and inventory flying out. apparently every employee was "oncall" for that weekend...i haven't been since.

I went that day too with a friend who is an employee!  Although I didn't get up quite that early... even though it was a big sale day, I didn't think it was that bad - I got a pair of Citizen's for $42! (and it's normally really hard to find my size)  I didn't use my groupon that day though since I was with my friend and got her discount, so I plan on going again soon :)

• I went a few days before the groupon, damn! But I did find cute dresses for the skids to wear for xmas, score!
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne