August 2006 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The latest insult du jour on E '08

Re: The latest insult du jour on E '08

• Nice.

I just noticed someone whose signature has a bumper sticker that says: Obama wants to kill babies and raise taxes. Palin wants to kill taxes and raise babies. Indifferent

Elena, we just booked our tickets to NM for Christmas. A few days in Cruces, a few days in Albuquerque and probably a day in Palomas, MX for good measure. And LOTS of chile! I can't wait!

"We tend to be patronizing about the poor in a very specific sense, which is that we tend to think,
  • Go see my response in the nukes thread.  I left you girls a present.
  • image mxolisi:

Nice.

I just noticed someone whose signature has a bumper sticker that says: Obama wants to kill babies and raise taxes. Palin wants to kill taxes and raise babies. Indifferent

Elena, we just booked our tickets to NM for Christmas. A few days in Cruces, a few days in Albuquerque and probably a day in Palomas, MX for good measure. And LOTS of chile! I can't wait!

I love Las Cruces and I'm very jealous.  Honestly I don't know why we don't head down south more often.  I wanted to go last weekend for the Aggie-Lobo game but my husband did a triathlon in Vegas instead.  Though we'll be in Ruidoso for Christmas so I really can't complain.

• image EastSideFluffy:
    Go see my response in the nukes thread.  I left you girls a present.

ESF - Did you ever know that you're my hero?  And everything I wish I could be?

Seriously, that visual was so friggen funny.  I loved it!

• I puffy heart google image search.

• I love this board. I am tired of the Palin bashing. I do not agree with her politically, all the other stuff doesn't matter to me.
    "HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue
  • Elena, Cruces food is the best food. I have been indoctrinated. Both of my inlaws are NMSU grads and my MIL grew up in Mesilla, so we spend weeks trolling through chile farms with my husband's 80 yo grandfather looking for the "best chiles."

As a midwesterner, who grew up with cornfields where all corn is essentially the same, I find this hilarious. Yet strangely delicious.

"We tend to be patronizing about the poor in a very specific sense, which is that we tend to think,
  • Elena!! Mmolsi!! Are we talking about New Mexico food??? Seriously I haven't been to a state with better tasting food. I order Hatch Green Chiles over the internet. Additionally when other places try to pass off their crap as Sopapillas, I want to explode!!
    "HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue
  • I have my husband's grandmother's sopapilla recipe somewhere, when I can dig it up I will share, Meredith. Greatest dessert ever.
  • If you believe she's intelligent, then you can take it as a compliment. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image mxolisi:
    I have my husband's grandmother's sopapilla recipe somewhere, when I can dig it up I will share, Meredith. Greatest dessert ever.

I LOVE how you pour honey inside!!!  

• Hey y'all, sorry but my husband kicked me off the computer so he could use it and I missed all this green chile talk.  It is amazing isn't it?  I think Las Cruces has some of the best food in the region.  Though I need to learn more about how one determines what the best green chile crop looks like.

I was completely lost in college when I went to DC for a summer internship and couldn't find anything resembling green chile at the grocery store.  I also recall that there was something sort of similar to tortillas, but not quite the real deal.  Of course that was in the early 90s and I suspect they actually stock tortillas now, right???

I got my degree at NMSU also.  I am a proud Aggie.  What are you favorite restaurants there mxolisi?  I really need to make a trip one of these days.