June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thanksgiving Plans

What's everyone up to?

Going anywhere?

Are you cooking?  What's on the menu?

Re: Thanksgiving Plans

• What's everyone up to?  Spending TG with my family this year

Going anywhere?  Heading to Iowa Wednesday - Sunday

Are you cooking?  Helping my mom 

What's on the menu?  Pretty traditional with a few new things -- apple cider brined turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, wild rice dressing, apple and cranberry stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with cinnamon crunch topping, spinach and apple salad, roasted vegetables, mac and cheese, and parker house rolls.  For dessert - apple pie, pumpkin pie, caramelized banana cream pie, and a pumpkin roll.

• We're headed to my Mother-in-law's in Montana. I have no idea what's on the menu. Neither DH or I eat turkey, so hopefully good vegetarian side dishes at the very least ;)
    Photobucket
  • In the morning, we are running a 5k Turkey Trot and then we are heading home to Pennsylvania to visit both families (they live 45 minutes apart). This means 2 HUGE meals and lots of family time (I don't know if that is good or not)
  • Looks down at ticker. We're frying at turkey at my ILs house and my family is coming too. Hopefully we won't all kill each other!
  • Going to MIL's, my mom is invited too.

DH volunteered us to bring a sweet potato dish.

Hawki, I checked out your blog. I left you a question for the recipe you posted today but I also looked at your other sweet potato dishes and might make one of those instead. Any recipe you prefer for Thanksgiving?

I can't believe it is a week away. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I've always wanted to have it at my house. The past 2 years its been "claimed" by MIL : ( Can I claim for next year it at dinner next week?

[img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt10a803.aspx[/img]

Our journey to Baby #2
    3/17/11-BFP; 4/4/11-natural m/c-7w1d;

9/16/11 BFP

[img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttade0f.aspx[/img]
  • We'll be staying home.  I'll probably be cooking.  Should just be myself and DH seeing as we're clear across the country from all our loved ones.  Small chance we may have some of his former shipmates over if they don't have family around, but that is a slim chance (they deploy by months end so they probably have plans with their own loved ones).

Turkey and the fixins will be on the menu.  Standard fare.  Though I'm having trouble explaining to DH that an entire bird and all the sides are too much for two people...

BFP#1 11.9.10 (EDD 7.15.11) M/C 11.13.10 @5W1D
    BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11 due to Pre-E
    BFP#3 10.2.12 (EDD 6.12.13) MMC 11.24.12 @11.5w, had passed in 7th week
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Chart Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~
  • I don't have any concrete plans yet, and it's annoying me.

H wanted to go home to his family, who is in Michigan, but with everything going on, and just coming back from vacation, I'm not sure I can swing it (it's about an 11 drive both ways).

I talked to my sister, and she may come over.  Key word there being may; I don't know if I want to cook a traditional diner for just H and I...lol, too much work. 

• image mb&d6.27.09:

Going to MIL's, my mom is invited too.

DH volunteered us to bring a sweet potato dish.

Hawki, I checked out your blog. I left you a question for the recipe you posted today but I also looked at your other sweet potato dishes and might make one of those instead. Any recipe you prefer for Thanksgiving?

I can't believe it is a week away. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I've always wanted to have it at my house. The past 2 years its been "claimed" by MIL : ( Can I claim for next year it at dinner next week?

I answered your comment on the blog about yesterday's post -- if you are going to make something in advance, I would probably actually go with something more like this recipe -- it will travel better.  It's really good if you like the sweet version of sweet potatoes.  (sorry the pics are awful)  If you are going to do the prep and baking at your MIL's then yesterday's will work great, its fast, easy and really good.

• image hawkilady:

I answered your comment on the blog about yesterday's post -- if you are going to make something in advance, I would probably actually go with something more like this recipe -- it will travel better.  It's really good if you like the sweet version of sweet potatoes.  (sorry the pics are awful)  If you are going to do the prep and baking at your MIL's then yesterday's will work great, its fast, easy and really good.

Thanks Hawki! That recipe sounds delicious!

[img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt10a803.aspx[/img]

Our journey to Baby #2
    3/17/11-BFP; 4/4/11-natural m/c-7w1d;

9/16/11 BFP

[img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttade0f.aspx[/img]