Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Save up credits?

Do all of you PBSers save up your credits or use them right when you get them?

I tend to save them up, at least until my TBR pile is a LITTLE smaller.
I also like to have at least one handy so if a wishlist book becomes available. ?
My mom just started to PBS and she said if she has a credit on there, she thinks about it all day until she just goes and orders a book.
?
How do you guys handle your credits??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Save up credits?

• Since my tbr pile is so huge I don't usually order a book unless I *really*  want it. I have 30+ credits in my account, so I am not worried.
  • whats the website name? I'm thinking paper back swap?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used to use them as soon as I got them but now I save them.

• image Just_Ali:
    Since my tbr pile is so huge I don't usually order a book unless I *really*  want it.

Ditto!  .

• i save my credits for the books that are on my wishlist, which are the ones i think i will want to end up keeping.

other books on my to read list i just borrow from the library so i don't have to pay postage to someone else later.

image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • At first I used them up pretty quickly.  Now, however, my TBR pile (bookcase, really) is out of control.  I really only use credits for books that become available from my wishlist. 
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • image JillRock96:
    At first I used them up pretty quickly.  Now, however, my TBR pile (bookcase, really) is out of control.  I really only use credits for books that become available from my wishlist. 

Ditto for me!  

imageimageimage
  • image amyb2332:

image JillRock96:
    At first I used them up pretty quickly.  Now, however, my TBR pile (bookcase, really) is out of control.  I really only use credits for books that become available from my wishlist. 

Ditto for me!  

me too!

Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • I'll spend them quickly if I have more than 3.  But since I always have a long wishlist, I would hate to spend my last credit on something and then have a wished book come available.  So I always try to keep one or two in my account if I can.

Considering I have at least 45 books at home TBR, it's not like I'm going to be desperate for something new to read any time soon ;)

image image image