Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

POLL: First Anniversary

What did you do to celebrate?

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what?

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else?

Any special lingerie?

Most memorable moment?

Newlyweds since 2007

Re: POLL: First Anniversary

• went to the lavender festival and the herbfarm, got flowers to try and immitate the ones we had in our wedding

no

we ate a new small annv. cake our baker made us PIB (wed. bio)

no

at the herbfarm and just being happy that i had a DH that will go to those things and enjoy them w/me?

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • 1) We're going to Hawaii, which is where we were married

2) Not sure what to get

3) We'll get a cake from the same bakery as our wedding cake

4) I want to get something cute.  I'm thinking pumpkin underwear aren't the way to celebrate this season.  He's so basic - pretty much anything black and tiny is good.  Anyone bedazzle WIFE undies (like BRIDE) haha.

5)  I'll have to report back in 2.5 weeks

Newlyweds since 2007
  • Since our anniversary is also my birthday I got pretty spoiled. DH suprised me with pink sapphire earrings in the morning and then took me shopping. he bought me a new dress, long white coat and red heels. then we went out to dinner at Palisades and he suprised me at the end of dinner with a pink sapphire ring! (i'd been asking for a pink ring all year and got VERY confused with the earrings he gave me in the morning) The jewelery and such was more my birthday present, the dinner was a joint present for both of us.

We did not have any cake or do cake. DH and I don't really like cake all that much. Although we did split a great desert wine after dinner.

I think the most memorable moment for me was just spending time together at dinner and talking about the past year, all the things we went through and how happy we were to have overcome everything. We did NOT have an easy first year of marriage lol

• What did you do to celebrate? we went camping

Did you exchange gifts?? If yes, what? we decided not to.?

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? no, we had it in the fridge to thaw and just never got around to it.?

Any special lingerie? sweatpants and sweatshirt are considered sexy right?

Most memorable moment? we didn't make reservations for a campground and ended up sharing a campground with complete strangers who were soooo nice! We shared food, drink and lots of stories!! It was great!

•  

What did you do to celebrate? we went to Canada.  It was DH's year to plan and we wanted to go away, but forgot to get our passports in time.  :(

Did you exchange gifts?  No, we decided to not do gifts unless it is one for both of us.

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? no cake.  Our cake was such a disaster the day of we did not want to re-live that.  haha

Any special lingerie? Just my bare skin

Most memorable moment? On our way up to Canada I called a friend, who goes quite a bit, to get some directions to a place...come to find out she was at a dance competition and was staying in our same hotel.  She had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne sent up to our room as a surprise.  It was a nice addition to a great weekend with the DH.

• What did you do to celebrate? My good friend was getting married that weekend at the same place we got married so I was her Wedding Planner.  On the actual day we we went out to dinner at Cactus in Kirkland, but the next weekend we went to Cannon Beach, OR.

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what?  DH went a little overboard!  He bought me a new desk for my computer and rearranged the furniture in the office.  I got him a business card holder. 

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else?  We ate the top for a week.  It was great. I have heard of people eating it for the 6 month and then getting a new one for the anniversary.

Any special lingerie?   Nope

Most memorable moment?  Coming home to the apartment to see my new desk.  I was gone part of the weekend helping my friend with her wedding.  The great food at Cactus and the fabulous beach!

• image Surfinbride:

What did you do to celebrate? --3-day weekend at Yachats, Oregon coast.

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what? -- no gifts, but next year definitely we'll be more prepared!

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? --ate the top layer but it was sooo dry! maybe the arm&hammer baking soda he tossed in the container had something to do with that Confused

Any special lingerie? --nope, every day is a special lingerie dayWink

Most memorable moment? -- that was our first time at Oregon coast  and it was beautiful. Camp fire by the beach, just nice.

• What did you do to celebrate? In an attempt to save money, since we'd just bought a house, we decided to go camping and spend one night at a nice hotel in Cannon Beach. The trip cost us WAY more than expected (see memorable moments below).

Did you exchange gifts? If yes, what? No.

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? Nope. We had cupcakes at our wedding and didn't want to save one (or any) for a year.

Any special lingerie? Nope.

Most memorable moment? The entire trip turned out to be one mis-adventure after another. It rained ... and rained ... and rained. We ended up throwing our tent and mattress away after the 2nd night (they were so water logged), bought an easy-up (pop up tent) to eat and play games under (while camping in the rain). Had to buy rain coats. When we finally got to our nice hotel in Cannon Beach, they inadvertantly gave us the keys and directions to a house that looked like "grandma's cottage" - as opposed to a luxe hotel room. After getting that straightened out, we were ready to relax in the jacuzzi tub in our room - turns out there was no cold water, the water was ridiculously hot and DH almost burned himself when he got in. The hotel manager came up and brought us wine and goodies to make up for it (they fixed the water too). Needless to say, we decided to go out to a nice dinner for our 2nd anniversary. :)

• What did you do to celebrate?  We spent 17 days in England, Scotland and Wales.

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what?  We figured the vacay was gift enough.

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else?  When we got home, we attempted to.  But it tasted so much like freezer, so we both took a single tiny bite and called it good.

Any special lingerie?  Nope.

Most memorable moment?  Returning to the spot on Tower Bridge that DH proposed two years prior and sharing a toast.

• What did you do to celebrate? We went camping in the San Juans, then out to a really nice dinner that night.

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what? Well, not exchanged, but we adopted our dog Frankie, he was our anniv. gift to each other.  :)

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? Nope, I think we had dessert at the restaurant...probably some sort of a fruit cobbler.

Any special lingerie? Nope.

Most memorable moment? Ha, probably renting a paddle boat and going around the lake we were camping at.  We brought the dogs with us and they loved the boat.

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/rsc77m.jpg[/IMG]

Little Sister is on her way!!
  • We went to a B&B in McMinville OR for a couple nights and did the wine country thing. ?On the night of our actual anniversary we went into Portland for dinner at a fabulous restaurant recommended by my mom's BFF who's lived down there for decades.

We didn't do gifts since we were doing a trip.

We didn't have a wedding cake, so no.

No lingerie. ?He much prefers me naked. ?Surprise

The whole weekend was pretty amazing. ?It was really nice to get away with him for a couple days.?

• What did you do to celebrate? we just went out to dinner, we were a little tight now money that year

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what? no, we did not

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? we eloped so there was no cake, the 1st year after our celebration wedding (the one where we had cake) we got a free cake top by our cake maker

Any special lingerie? nope

Most memorable moment? none for the first, it was pretty low key

• What did you do to celebrate? We spent ten days in Paris.

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what? No, we were so crazed in getting ready for the trip, I think it kind of slipped our minds! Plus, the trip was plenty.

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? I always thought I would get a new one made, but after we returned from Paris, it just didn't seem important.

Any special lingerie? I wore the same thing I wore on our wedding night.

Most memorable moment? On our actually anniversary date, we stumbled across this huge tent set up in honor of the World Rugby Championships which were taking place in France at the time. The tent was massive- it had a couple of bars, two restaurants, and TVs everyplace! We ended up meeting this Italian guy who ran a restaurant in Rome who was managing one of the restaurants in the tent, and when he learned it was our anniversary insisted that we dine in his restaurant in the tent. He gave us the best table, which was facing directly at the Eiffel Tower, and insisted on buying us champagne. The restaurant was totally authentic Italian, our server spoke NO English and little French, but the food was amazing, the view was breathtaking, and the experience was one that was so by happenchance, it could never be replicated!

• What did you do to celebrate? we had dinner at the salish lodge which is where we got married.

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what? no, no gifts. neither of us needs anything... i was happy going out to dinner.

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? our cake baker provides a 1 yr anniversary cake, so we had that.

Any special lingerie? um, nope

Most memorable moment? no idea..? it was quiet. we watched our wedding video and popped a bottle of dom that someone had given us for our wedding.

image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • What did you do to celebrate? We went out to dinner and just talked about the past year, which had been quite eventful for us. We were supposed to go to a beach house in OR but misfortune stepped (or fell in our case) and we did not go.

Did you exchange gifts? Yes, it is the paper anniversary so I gave him a mini tree (the beginning of paper) and a dollar bill that I wrote "You are worth more than a gajillion of these" and he drew me a picture and framed it. 

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else?Neither

Any special lingerie? Nope

Most memorable moment? He made me cry several times at dinner. I was just glad we were there and together. ...and in most of 1 piece.

• 1. We had a gc from our wedding we saved to the Met. We had drinks at the Hotel Monaco (where we spent our wedding night) and we drove by our venue.

2.no

3. ummm....no, I don't think so.

4. just being able to say remember this time last year and reliving our wedding. Oh, and going out and leaving our then 20 day old newborn at home with his big brother and Grammy and Gdad! It was our first date after Liam was born. ?

Tracey Mom to Logan and Liam
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2ush43r.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2i91g07.jpg[/IMG]
    I live for those smiles!
  • I haven't had my first anniversary yet, but this is a really sweet poll.  Smile
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whcmAHB/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/whcmAHB/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wbIWgwz/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wbIWgwz/exercise.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Our first anniversary is a month away, we're thinking about getting the Salish Lodge package from Costco (1 nite, couples massage, and breakfast) but I'm not sure I want to spend quite that much. But it's been a long year for us job wise so it might be good to splurge a bit and the package is a great deal for the Salish (I've never been).
  • What did you do to celebrate?

We went out to dinner. DH was in the middle of summer quarter finals, his last quarter at WWU. We were in Bellingham and I think we went to the cliff house. pretty sure. (it was a while ago...)

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what?

I think so, i think he gave me a necklace. 

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else?

Nope. We went to a bakery in Fairhaven. it was yummy. 

Any special lingerie?

ha ha no.

Most memorable moment?

It was a nice day and we walked around town. also i wore the hair jewelry i wore at our wedding. 

"How long till my soul gets it right? Can any human being ever reach the highest light? Except for Galileo, god rest his soul, king of night vision, king of insight." ~ Indigo Girls Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013
  • What did you do to celebrate? Took a trip to the Oregon Coast for the weekend

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what? no

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? Ha! We ate the anniversary cake the day after the wedding (we didn't get to eat any AT the wedding)

Most memorable moment? I was 4 months pregnant at the time so that was pretty memorable

• What did you do to celebrate?  Went to the Needle to eat since it was one of our first dates. 

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what? No

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else?  We ate it 2 days after the wedding...lol.

Any special lingerie? No

Most memorable moment? Nothing really...super consumed with the move.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • What did you do to celebrate? Went to dinner & stayed the night in Bellevue.

Did you exchange gifts?  If yes, what? no

Did you eat the top of the cake, get a new cake or something else? No.  We took it out of the freezer, but never got around to eating it.

Most memorable moment? Just spending time with DH.