August 2006 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

***Jlaj***

I can't imagine what you are going through but I am going to tell you the same thing I told Gypsy when she was nervous about her house. If things don't work out, you can always move into Marriednows basement Wink .

"HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue

Re: ***Jlaj***

• lmao, thanks hon!  I will have to remember that.  It's rough but today has been a little bit easier since I am not doing any death-like scenarios. 

::looking around for marriednow's location::

• You are right, most of us are not on the front lines like you, but yesterday I let my Mom know that if we both lost our jobs, we would be moving into the house my Grandmother left all of us. She responded by laying claim to the basement. I just want the worst to be over and I hope to God this is the worst of it.
    "HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue
  • Trust me, DH and I are not afraid to move into one of our parents' homes should we both lose our jobs and our apartment.  I just hope it won't get that far :)

Actually, we have discussed moving to a less expensive city and ATL keeps popping up in our locations.  How is the A these days?  We haven't spent much time there since we graduated, DH in 2002 and me in 2003. 

• The A is actually OK, with the exception of the gas shortage. When you move to a place with a LCOL you really make compromises. For example a city where you can walk to lots of things, a lot of nice restaurants, and cultural events. With that said, we have made good friends and really make the most of it. We really miss DC though.
  • My basement is open to anyone, however in the interest of full disclosure you should know that my baby is loud. 
  • I hear ya on the compromises bit.  You just reminded me of why I had issues with ATL.  lol.  I hate driving with a passion and love public transportation.  This gas shortage still confuses me.  You get so much more space down there though.
  • I have met Marriednows sweet little boy, that kid wasn't loud at all.  You do get a lot of space down here but after a while its excessive. I have a friend , who lives in the burbs, her house must be 3500 square feet, for 250k. Its only her and her husband, they don't even think they will have kids while living in that house.
  • image marriednow06:
    My basement is open to anyone, however in the interest of full disclosure you should know that my baby is loud. 

Hey, I am a NYer and loud just comes with the territory.  I am sure he is not half as bad as some others I have come across.  lol.

• image MeredithE:
    I have met Marriednows sweet little boy, that kid wasn't loud at all.  You do get a lot of space down here but after a while its excessive. I have a friend , who lives in the burbs, her house must be 3500 square feet, for 250k. Its only her and her husband, they don't even think they will have kids while living in that house.

Yep, I have heard the same thing from friends who stayed in ATL after graduation.  3500 sq ft is just too big for my mind to conceptualize.  I will be happy with 1500!