International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

is doggy daycare available in europe?

We were told by our hotel that we can have our dogs stay with us but they may not be left alone in the hotel room while we are out eating, shopping, looking for apts, etc.  They said that all hotels in the Netherlands have this policy.  So I was wondering if doggy daycare is something that's done in Europe?  I know in the US it's every 10 feet but I'm not sure if it's available.  THANKS!

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.  I do NOT want to haul them around while looking at apartments.  Love them but don't want to do it :)

Re: is doggy daycare available in europe?

• We have a dog walker in Dublin who takes our dog out every day for a couple hours with a group to the beach, mountains, etc (lucky dog), but not a doggie day care although they are around, there are none convenient enough for us to use. They aren't as prevalent as they are in the US in Ireland, but I am not sure about the Netherlands. You might consider kenneling them until you get out of the hotel?  Might make life easier all around.  My dog is big though and I couldnt imagine having her in a hotel room with us :)
  • I know of 2 places in Glasgow.  I think it is not as popular as in the US, but if you google it, I'm sure you will find something.  You may just need to google it in Dutch :)
    ?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • there are a lot of nice kennels/boarding facilities in Ireland (again, not sure anout the Netherlands)-the one we use is cage free, they go on hikes, have lots of interaction with people, etc.