June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weekend Drama

1) My best friend's wedding was Saturday. I was the matron of honor. I woke up Saturday morning w/ food poisoning or a stomach bug. We made an emergency phone call to DH's cousin who is a Dr. and got me a rx for some anti-nausea meds. Bless his heart, DH walked several blocks to the pharmacy to pick up my meds. He was a total trooper and I wouldn't have made it without him this weekend.  I ended up missing my hair/makeup appointment so the MOB did her best to fix my hair. It didn't turn out too bad actually but I didn't look as polished as the other girls. After a second dose of Zofran, I made it through the whole wedding/pics/reception but dude, I felt like crap. Totally not the weekend I had planned.

2) There is a paper mill in Savannah across the river. At 3 am, the wind shifted and our room filled with the lovely sulfur aroma of the paper manufacturing process. Given #1, you'll see why this was a BIG issue for me. I slept w/ my face buried in the sheets and I'm kinda surprised I didn't smother myself.

3) The guys at the front desk of the hotel were TOTAL jack*sses. Seriously, worst customer service ever. They were even rude to the bride and her family and the whole damn reception was held at this hotel. I mean, come on people.

4) At checkout this morning, our bill was fine. When we got home, we checked our statement and and we were overcharged $66. Given the #, I'm thinking they charged the standard room rate instead of the block rate for the wedding. I'm still not sure how they got it right on the receipt but overcharged our account. I'm pissed b/c I pleaded w/ DH to use the credit card but he didn't think it was that big of a deal and used our debit card instead. Now we have to argue with the hotel over it. Obviously they're wrong and we have a receipt to prove it, but that's still money directly out of our pocket for the time being. We called them and of course, the guy at the front desk put us on hold for 10 minutes at a time and then was a total snot.

Ick! + Angry = No

All of that said - my friend's wedding was BEAUTIFUL. She looked absolutely gorgeous and was amazing calm and composed the whole time. I'm thrilled I was able to be there for her despite the complications - I seriously would have heart broken if I'd missed it. I think all the pics DH took came out blurry (ugh) but I'll try and upload a few to share w/ you guys.

Re: Weekend Drama

• Yikes, what a crappy weekend! I admire you for trying to pull it together while sick and get through the day. Just saw the pics - the bride looked gorgeous! 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Just FYI - this happened to us after my sister's wedding, the bill was right but the charge on our credit card was $400 higher than it should have been.  I called the hotel and they told me they put a hold on it for a certain amount that will clear when the actual payment goes through, it all corrected itself a couple days later.  It may just be that they put a hold on it for the regular amount automatically and it will adjust tomorrow when it clears the bank.

As for the sickness -- that majorly sucks... good for you for toughing it out.  Would have been a long day on a regular basis, sick it would have been miserable.

• Sad

I'm sorry your weekend sucked! But I'm glad the wedding was nice Smile Keep us posted on the hotel situation...I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Photobucket
  • OH KB, what an awful way to spend the weekend. Glad to hear you are feeling better now though!
  • Hope you're feeling back to normal KB! Sorry about all the craziness with the hotel too. It sucks that you had such a difficult time in Savannah, but it looks like the wedding was beautiful.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2nqdy12.jpg[/IMG]