Wow, it's so empty in here, my subject line echoes!
Where the heck is everyone? What've you been up to? Give us all a rundown of what's keeping you so busy and away from J'09! And start posting so that when I need to procrastinate, I've got something to reply to
And what's been keeping me busy...
(1) The long slow march to graduation... My thesis defense is scheduled for November 17. I have to bring my initial review packet to the library on November 10 and get my committee a complete working draft by November 5 (yes, tomorrow). After the defense, I have until December 3 to finalize the manuscript and submit it for publication. I'm also taking a playwriting class this semester, and the final project is a full length play (75-90 pages) which I'm writing right alongside my thesis.
(2) MFA applications... Yeah, I'm applying to grad school. Yes, AGAIN. The thing that makes an MFA (Master of Fine Arts) unique is, unlike an MA or MS, it's a terminal degree (like a PhD, MBA, JD, etc.). So I can be a full-time Professor with an MFA. I'm only applying to two programs, but both are VERY competitive, so I've got to make sure my applications are in top form.
(3) Getting back into theatre... I've been a theatre geek for almost my entire life. I'm volunteering with an organization that judges high school full-length non-musical performances for an educational theatre competition (I'm one of the judges). I'm also performing in a monologue festival, so I've got rehearsals for that.
(4) Trying to spend time with my husband + plan for the holidays... That one really doesn't need an explanation.
(5) Work! Even though I'm only working part time (20 hours/week), it's still a big drain on my energy and time.
Yeah, okay, I guess I see why I haven't been Nesting. So what's your excuse?