June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ran out of candy!!!

ToT-ing is from 6-8 here.  I turned on the light at 5:58 and turned it off at 7:12 because we are out -- I repeat OUT -- of candy.  There are still tons of kids wandering around our neighborhood.  We turned off the porch light and the living room lights.  We're hiding from the sugar-hungry kiddos.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ran out of candy!!!

• Haha.  We didn't run out either yet.  I didn't give handfuls of candy this year.  My husband asked me why not.  I told him we were in a recession. LOL

Actually, I was worried about running out - so I didn't give handfuls. :)

• My husband was the doorman tonight and he gave one candy to each kid.  Last year we had way more ToT'ers than this year.  We have two full bags of Reese's left that are going to work with DH tomorrow. 

All my lights are off and I am using my computer in the dark, lol.  I am going to bed in a few.  Work starts tomorrow.  WOOF. 

• image MrsBreaux2008:

Haha.  We didn't run out either yet.  I didn't give handfuls of candy this year.  My husband asked me why not.  I told him we were in a recession. LOL

I started out giving 3-4 pieces then dropped down to 2 pieces.  I saw a herd of kids coming down the street, noticed I had 5 pieces of candy left, and shut off the light.

Oh, but kids who looked over the age of 12 only got 1 piece of candy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image mah482:
    image MrsBreaux2008:

Haha.  We didn't run out either yet.  I didn't give handfuls of candy this year.  My husband asked me why not.  I told him we were in a recession. LOL

I started out giving 3-4 pieces then dropped down to 2 pieces.  I saw a herd of kids coming down the street, noticed I had 5 pieces of candy left, and shut off the light.

Oh, but kids who looked over the age of 12 only got 1 piece of candy.

Glad I'm not the only one.  The Mister was making me feel like a scrooge.  I told him that candy was on him next year. :)

• We ran out twice last year, so I was careful with the candy this year. I started out giving 3 or 4 pieces and then dropped down to one candy each by the end. We spent $40 on candy and had about 6 or 7 pieces of candy left in the bowl when I turned the lights off at 8:00.
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/mj90ll.jpg[/IMG]

TTC #1 since July 2012
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e2968]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/3e2968/ttc.png[/img]
    [/url]

[url=http://playingthehand.blogspot.com]blog[/url]
  • We have had no, and I repeat no T & T the last three yrs. We just end up eating the candy ourselves. So we decided this year to not get any candy. Of course i notice my street has alot of kids tonight. Good thing my porch light is off and so is my living room lights. We are hiding out in our room, but I am dealing with a bad upper respiratory infection to my defense.
  • We about 6 bags of candy and we have about a bag left over right now.  I had planned to shut the lights off around 8, but they are still on so we can get rid of some more candy. 

I started out only giving 1 piece of candy to each kid.  Dh said I needed to at least give 2.  I don't remember getting more than 1 piece of candy per house unless it was like double bubble or something. 

There were some rude kids tonight.  I think I will start another post about that.  :)