Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

And I remember why I hate pumpkins

I forget every year that carving falls to me for some reason.  And then of course, last night, DH accidentally smashed my finger while we were trying to fix a baby gate and the knuckle of my index finger is super swollen and hurts when I try to do the regular carving stuff.  

I think I'm doing stickers or paint or something easier next year.  ::: sigh ::: 

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: And I remember why I hate pumpkins

• I just sent DH to the store to see if he could find a plug in light up Jack o lantern.  I totally get it.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've got 3 plug in jack-o-lanterns on the front porch.

I didn't even buy a real pumpkin this year.

We did halloween cookies, stickered up their halloween bags, made ghost lights, baked a chicken mummy last night....  I think we've checked the "halloween crafts" box enough this year.

I refuse to feel guilty.

GL! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • We carved our pumpkins, but for the kids we used those Mr. Potato head pumpkin kits.  You can get them at Target for like $6.00 and re-use the pieces every year.  DD has a witch and DS has a pirate.  So those might be something to look into :)
    image image
  • we carved our pumpkins Wednesday night and they're already falling apart :( Thankfully we have 2 plug in ones. 
  • The squirrels carved ours for us.  Little farkers.
    A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • I love carving pumpkins!  And roasting the seeds.

This year Charlotte did the same things as Brandall, we found a huge package at KMart for 2 bucks, and she loved poking them in the pumpkin, although she insisted on using them all so each side has an animal face, so it is a puppy, kitty, piggy, tiger pumpkin.

If you want your pumpkins to last longer after carving, spray with Pam and they last a few weeks longer.

[IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]
  • We carved one pumpkin and that was it.  K wasn't really into it - she thought the insides of the pumpkin were gross and it wasn't like I was going to let her cut it.     After the first one - I pulled out the finger paints and I let her paint the other ones.    She had a blast with that!
  • image uteandbuff:
    We carved one pumpkin and that was it.  K wasn't really into it - she thought the insides of the pumpkin were gross and it wasn't like I was going to let her cut it.    

This was our house, too.  I thought DS would like scooping out the guts, but he wanted nothing to do with it.