Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bright Young Things (no spoilers)

I'm reading it now and it just doesn't grab me at all. I enjoyed The Luxe series so much more!  Maybe it's because I've been traveling these past few weeks? I don't know - what did you guys think of this book?  I'm about 70% of the way through. I think the best word to describe how I feel about it is... boring?

Re: Bright Young Things (no spoilers)

• I just started it yesterday.

I'm normally a quick a reader, but I couldn't pay attention enough to read. Everything else was distracting me. I didn't get very far. (Chapter 4 or 5 maybe?)

So, I agree. I was expecting it to grab my attention and pull me into the story, but it failed. 

• I finished it early last week and liked it. I liked the luxe series too and am glad that this is focused on another era and isn't like luxe-i was ready for a change. I did struggle a bit through the middle but at the end everything is wrapped up nicely for the 2nd book.
    Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • I feel like I've read it before, even though I obviously haven't. I think it's just that there are so many books on the "young, naive, country girls go to New York City to make it big; some succeed, while some succumb to the dangers and wiles of the big city" story line. Anybody ever read The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe?
  • I'm about halfway through it and it's keeping my attention. I'm interested to see what becomes of each of the girls. I love the 20's and it's nice to read how the author describes the clothes, music, scenary, etc. I enjoyed The Luxe series, so I don't think I will be disappointed with this one.
    Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers