D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

DH hid the Halloween candy from me

I guess he is trying to save me from myself. On Friday, I went to the grocery store and when I asked him if he needed anything he said, "No. And don't buy any Halloween candy." Then he confessed that he had already bought it without telling me and then hid it. So, last night I asked for some and he got it out from the hiding place. I proceeded to eat about 7 mini bags of Skittles, a bunch of Starbursts and 2 mini Butterfingers before he put it away in our utility room. As you can see, I don't have much self control when it comes to candy.

Tonight, I went to try and find the candy in the utility room and I couldn't find it anywhere. I searched the entire room and I don't know where he hid it so then I asked him to get me one bag of Skittles which he did. In a way, I think it's sort of endearing that he knows me so well that he knows it's best for me not to know where the candy is. However, I'm really stumped as to where his hiding place is in the utility room!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DH hid the Halloween candy from me

• lol, that is awesome! i wish my dh would do that, but he would never find a good hiding place that i can't locate!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ha ha, that's great!! I have a sweet tooth too. Due to my sugar problem, trick-or-treaters will not be receiving any Reese's peanut butter cups for two reasons. I ate half the bag already...and now that I'm hooked, I don't want to give away the other half. Next year, I get two bags - one for me and one for the kids. :)  (we still have a huge tub of airheads and tons of other chocolate for this year though!)
  • This is the very reason why I just got back from Target to purchase Halloween candy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • image NowDNAtoo:
    This is the very reason why I just got back from Target to purchase Halloween candy.

We did, too!  Not much selection left, but still better than us eating candy ahead of time!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • thats really funny! i have to hid Cheetos from my husband..I usually put them near our toolbox or my crafting supplies, as he never touches either!

I am a Twix for Halloween, so naturally I had to buy some to use the wrappers as part of my costume (I baked them in the oven to shrink them down, and made earrings..then I used clay to make Twix bar charm for a necklace) !!  I put them in my trunk so when I'm driving around I don't eat, and too lazy to get them out of the trunk when I'm chilling at home!

• image adrianne619:

I put them in my trunk so when I'm driving around I don't eat, and too lazy to get them out of the trunk when I'm chilling at home!

That's a good idea. One year, I mistakenly bought the candy a few weeks early and DH was out of town. I had to give the candy to the neighbor to hold until Halloween so I wouldn't eat it all. It's really pathetic that I can't control myself.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ha! I'm the same way. That's why I can never buy the huge bags of Reese's.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers