Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Just curious- why lemon-lime gatorade?

My half is next weekend, and I was perusing through the race info for the thousandth time (Smile), and they've updated the map to state that there will be lemon-lime gatorade at the aid stations.  I personally love it, and other flavors don't sit as well.  I saw a lot of marathon race reviews that mentioned LL as well.  Is this just a race staple?  Is there a particular reason they pick that flavor?  Just curious...

P.S. If I'm anything like Brie, I'm sure I'll be sick of it after the race though!

<div align=

Re: Just curious- why lemon-lime gatorade?

• It's probably the "standard" flavor - best selling, most widely available, etc.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • I'm guessing it also doesn't stain as much as red, orange, etc.
    Blog:
    Blog: Eat, Drink and Run
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Last Race: California International Marathon - December 4, 2011 - 3:29:18, 7:59 pace
    Next Race: ARun for Young 5K - January 7, 2012
  • image shelby.ann:
    I'm guessing it also doesn't stain as much as red, orange, etc.

Good point.  I was thinking about this as well. 

<div align=
  • i have never been to a race of any length or size that had a flavor other than LL. pretty sure it is just the standard, and i think it was the original flavor. 

ETA: it is probably the least disgusting flavor to puke up, lol 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image shelby.ann:
    I'm guessing it also doesn't stain as much as red, orange, etc.

This.

I spill it all over myself, and I'd be pissed if I had red gatorade on my clothes and shoes.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • I've only ever seen the powder in lemon-lime, and I'd think it'd be cheaper to get the powder than liquid.  That would be my guess.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Because that's what Gatorade gives them?

I've done two Ironman races.  The Gatorade on the bike course was the Endurance formula, which I believe only comes in lemon-lime.  On the run, however, they had the orange and red flavors.  Good thing.  The lemon-lime was starting to make me nauseous.  Then again, I couldn't drink Gatorade for about three months after the race! 

Gatorade isn't used at Ironman anymore.

My guess is that their research shows that it is the preferred flavor and they are trying to appeal to the majority of the athletes.

To a pp...  Gatorade powder comes in different flavors, but the Endurance formulas only comes in lemon-lime.  Don't know why. 

• image purple.cow.0206:
    I've only ever seen the powder in lemon-lime, and I'd think it'd be cheaper to get the powder than liquid.  That would be my guess.

It comes in the other flavors, we got it in college. We just got it from the distributor.